• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mon-Loma-Ka
    Participant

What does it take to become a Jedi knight? How long would it take? How long do you have to go to the Jedi Academy? What courses do you have to take? would getting a master help me along my ” Learning the path of the Jedi” ?

Pyro1560
    Participant

Let’s see if I can’t answer some of these for you.

“What does it take to become a Jedi Knight?”

Perseverance, dedication, and many years, if not a lifetime, of continuous learning and growth.

“How long would it take me?”
    The path of a Jedi is a life long commitment and growth cannot be judged in a measure of years. We learn something new everyday. Don’t worry so much about the goal, beause it’s the getting there that’s the important part.

“How long do you have to go to the Jedi Academy?”

Honestly, you never “have” to set foot in it. The Academy is designed to give structure to learning, but there have been numerous people that have found training by themselves to be much more beneficial. Of course, if one were to go through the paces of the Academy it would take as long as it takes : ). Though if you just want a straight answer about the Academy itself, I’d say 2 to 3 years give or take. On top of that the class of Life is an everyday process through which we gain most of our real knowledge and wisdom.

“What courses do you have to take?”

You don’t “have” to take any of them, but it might be helpful since there’s something new to learn in almost everything.

“Would getting a master help me along my ‘Learning the path of the Jedi’?”

Having someone more experienced than yourself to talk to is almost always beneficial to your growth as a Jedi, though it is hardly necessary.

Hope I’ve helped somewhat.

Jax
    Keymaster

Please go to the academy side and read the information that is already there.  Many of your questions are answered there. 
    http://www.the-jedi-academy.org/moodle/

Memnoich
    Participant

the FAQ there points to an EZboard Private forum that requires a password to read, might be time to create a file FAQ and host it locally.

Jax
    Keymaster

It’s on the todo list, just hasn’t gotten finished yet since the actual material for academy courses has taken precedent.  Thank you for the reminder.

Memnoich
    Participant

sorry, didn’t mean to add more weight to your shoulders, just something I noticed while looking through some of the post’s

Jax
    Keymaster

It’s ok.  It’s something I thought I would have completed by now, but life threw a few loops at me.  Hey, if you don’t notice it done in a month, nag me again.  lol

Memnoich
    Participant

ok, I’ll hold yopu to it, according to my wife, I’m quite the old Horse

Jax
    Keymaster

lol, no problem.  :-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here