• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Adana
    Participant

Just be true to yourself as well. If you feel and know what you do is right you’ll do fine. As many people think that this is also a religous group/sect, I make sure to point out it is not so. I have found in life that many people make fun of what they don’t understand be it from ignorance or lack of willingness to see beyond their own world.

Kai is right. This is a great community and I am glad to be here as well. I just recently made new friend and although he is not even a sw fan we talked about what I do here and after sending him a few bits and pieces of the introductory classes I am currently taking he was actually quite impressed. Maybe it’s a matter of maturity sometimes, I am not sure, but you will sense eventually with whom you can talk about this and whom to avoid.

Don’t let it get to you, you can handle it.

Jax
    Keymaster

What I think gets interesting is how to use the work I’ve done here as an example of work experience.  I’m going to be thinking about it between now and my job interview in the next few days. ;-)  It’s all about packaging a message for the audience so they can receive it, rather than shut down due to misunderstandings. 

jdmcowan
    Participant

For alternate ways to describe Jedi activites, I usually describe our local group as a, “Self-improvement group using the Jedi as models and inspiration.”

Zen-Ryo

Memnoich
    Participant

I personally am proud to call myself a GEEK, and often call myself it first. You’ll find that people have a harder time making fun of you, if you show that you accept the term, and even in some case’s offer it up first.

Just remember “The Geek Shall inherit the earth!”

Adana
    Participant

Amen to that Memmoich….May the Geek be with you..

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here