• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Macgilleon
    Participant

OK… It’s a snow day… and instead of sitting about on my six I have opted to go do something productive in my area…

There are a couple of ladies that live nearby with whom I am friends with their husbands… one is overseas, the other is off on exercise… both are snowed in…  So off I go to help dig them out… yay day off LOL.

Here’s the thing there are many people around you… that as Jedi, and as regular people you can help… What can you think of to help someone you know… or don’t know??? If there’s something … Go do it… it’s something as Jedi that we should do anyways… Help others. :plight

Yoshio

As I take the train every day to work, I do help people when they do have difficulties with their (heavy) luggage or problems getting on or off the train.
    It was just one month ago that an old lady was completely lost, as she had missed her trains several times and ended up in the train I took. The train stuff left here more or less on her own and so I took here literally by her hand and brought her to her last connection she had to get to reach her final destiny.
    Just have an open eye and the will to help and you will see that there are plenty of opportunities to do so.  :)

Jax
    Keymaster

This is timely as just last night I helped out Manna with her charity, helping the Native people of Pine Ridge South Dakota who live in abject poverty. She posted about it at the JRC: http://jediresourcecenter.org/vb/showthread.php?t=511 There is also a facebook group, 400 for Pine Ridge.  Last night I bought two boxes of diapers and sent a walmart gift card and have committed to sending a box of diapers every 2 weeks when I get paid for the next few months to help them out.  If anyone is interested you can send them blankets, normal daily necessities, gift cards for food – or food itself.  Previously I contributed a little money toward buying a wood burning stove for someone who either didn’t have one or had one that was old and didn’t work well.  Since these people don’t have electricity having a stove makes a huge difference in their life, especially in the bitter cold.  I know I can’t imagine going through winter without electricity and heat! 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here