• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Kol Drake

No problem!

You are correct — being a Jedi Realist is NOT about wearing a brown bathrobe or swinging a plastic stick.

Still, at some conventions there ARE folks… like the 501st Legion (Vader’s Fist) group that represent Star Wars… and they normally can steer you to their Jedi ‘opposites’ — which may be a ‘cosplay’ group or the ‘learn how to fight ‘saber style’ OR folks that are going the more ‘realist’ route. You never know where Jedi might pop up.

Shadowdragon
    Participant

Oh WOW! I did not realize that, cool! I do not go to many Sci fi conversations, but, I will keep an eye out for these groups now. I have gotten in touch with the MD-VA group. I am going to a Self defense lecture hosted by them in Oct. It should be interesting. I will also keep an eye out for groups like Vader’s Fist. Sometimes, you find people in interesting places that you would never think of. And, sometimes in your own backyard.

Shadowdragon
    Participant

Do you know if any go to Marscon (Richmond, VA), Ravencon (Richmond, VA), or the big one, Dragoncon (Atlanta, GA)?

Kol Drake

I have no personal knowledge there. If I recall properly, DragonCon typically has a huge detachment of the 501st in their opening day parade.

Shadowdragon
    Participant

I hope to get down to DragonCon next year, but, hopefully I will know people before then.

Shadowdragon
    Participant

Thank you for letting me know. I will find them, if I get to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here