• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Streen
    Participant
    Quote:
    “You seem to be telling me that what you do is irrelevant; all that matters is why you do it.”
    “That’s not it at all—”
    “No? Then tell me, Jacen Solo, if you had pursued the noble goal of saving those thousands of slaves in the manner of a true Jedi, what would you have done differently? Anything? Or would you only feel differently about what you have done?…Do you think it matters to [the] dead whether you killed them in a frenzy of rage or with calm, cool Jedi detachment?”
    “It matters to me,” Jacen said solidly.
    “Ah, I see. You can do whatever you want, so long as you maintain your Jedi calm? So long as you can tell yourself you’re valuing life? You can kill and kill and kill, so long as you don’t lose your temper?” She shook her head, blinking astonishment. “Isn’t that a little sick?”

–Excerpt from Traitor

Jax
    Keymaster

But the difference is intent.  Yes, the dead are still dead.  But how that ripples into the future can depend greatly upon your intention.  Also, in the end, what matters besides how it affects you inside?  I mean, we need to take others into consideration, but what will affect you in the coming years is how you feel about everything.  If you make a decision that makes everyone else happy, but makes you miserable, is that a good decision?  I would say it isn’t.

Jedi Lawhead
    Participant

when we do what we must without attatchment to the outcome then we are living in line with the force. There is no death, there is only the illusion of death, to kill can be the same thing as to save when looked upon beyond the shallow scope of our own desire. Balance is key, disspasionate duty is perfection of light.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here