• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I’m recommitting to a bit more movement. I’ll do my best to remember this exists. :-)

Monday: Day 1 couch to 5k.
    1.83 miles 30 minutes (5 minutes warmup, 20 minutes run 1 min walk 1.5 min, 5 minutes cooldown)
    I’m not choosing a 5k to run yet. I need to see how I progress first. Plus, the 5k isn’t the important part for me, but being able to run on trails with ease. :-)
    Today should be my day 2, but I’m skipping so I can be on my preferred tuesday/thursday schedule during the week.

Jax
    Keymaster

My phone crashed during my cool down, so I’ll be doing day 2 twice, once my phone is replaced. But, here’s my best estimates.
    Thursday: Day 2 couch 2 5k
    1.8 miles 30 minutes (5 minutes warmup, 20 minutes run 1 min walk 1.5 min, 5 minutes cooldown)
    Definitely challenging at times, and still working out a nicer route with less uphill parts to deal with, but not all that bad.

Jax
    Keymaster

Today was a hike instead of couch 2 5k. I started the tracker late but I estimate the distance as 2.1 miles in 1 hour 15 minutes. We stopped often for pictures and rest when it was too challenging. I used the hiking backpack for the first time and hiking poles which were crucial. So I did this with over 30 pounds on my back.
    84b53e54f81fde5f101a1e8f41075553.jpg
    4047b3ba701d76f95debec56b8e15e6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jax
    Keymaster

David has a cameo in that panorama

Kol Drake

Good to see ‘The Peanut’ working out in the great outdoors.

Now, with just a touch of green face powder…. :yoda

Jax
    Keymaster

We’ll save that for when her Marine Godmother is around as well. ;-)

Jax
    Keymaster

Fitting movement into daily life…
    Today at the zoo we did approximately 20 minutes to and from the zoo from the parking spot, plus all the walking in the zoo. aka, a lot! And then I did some garden prep with the garden weasel which worked my upper body.
    Yesterday I bought a lot of heavy stuff. 8 bags of soil, not too heavy though, 3 bags of heavy mulch (30-40 pounds), 3 40 pound bags of salt which I also had to take downstairs and pour into the softener, and then 3 50 pound bags of sand. Basically, a lot of careful lifting.
    This week there’s more gardening stuff to do, and hopefully can return to couch 2 5k.

Jax
    Keymaster

Going to do my best to work on this again. Starting very simple. Last night I did 3 or 4 exercises for my shoulder using the stretchy bands. I’m still rehabbing my shoulder and finally bought a set Sunday.

Today I did a 20 minute yoga routine for the core. It actually went really fast so that is encouraging. It helps that I did a 6 week personal training program from April to May which increased my base strength all around.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here