• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Let’s see how well I can explain this and remember it.  My first thoughts were that this was a very odd and bad distortion of Hairspray.  At least it started that way, and then became it’s own movie type thing.

When it starts there is a person that’s supposed to be like Tracey, but isn’t cheerful and joyous.  In fact, the person is uglier, inside and out it seems.  There’s some weird thing going on, thanking people perhaps for something, so she gives her mom and dad a kiss.  Then, her friend says something about if there’s enough for her, she’d like a kiss (no clue).  So this Tracey really kisses her, so now I have a strange, not so nice, gay version of a movie going on.  There are some scenes that feel like out of a horror movie, and the visuals are such that I don’t know what happens.  I see Tracey, but then I don’t see anything so much as it seems like a monster comes out and attacks the now girlfriend.  But I have this sense that the monster is more an outward representation of the inner monster in Tracey, which is disturbing. 

I think the next major part is arriving at a hotel or resort of some kind.  Tracey is told they are supposed to be here for the rehearsal dinner for their wedding, which they only half knew about.  I now become part of the dream, staying with Tracey in one room while the girlfriend is taking to a different room two doors down.  In there I just know they’re asking her about abuse of some kind, taking care of her and giving her that nice relaxing spa type treatment.  These rooms have balconies that go outside, where there are beds and stuff for relaxing.  But you can see into other balconies as there is only a half wall between them. I see the girlfriend come out with a big robe on and such two balconies down.  I get worried that Tracey will figure out that they probably know that something bad happened, but it doesn’t seem to happen. 

Ready for the weird part?  We have an attendant in our room, and we’re just chilling on the bed listening to her talk about the things we need to know about the area.  Then, this red crocodile, about 3 feet long in the body, jumps on the end of the bed on top of my feet!!!  I am like, what the hell?  The attendant doesn’t do anything, apparently this isn’t a super dangerous crocodile or whatever, but I’m not happy and kick it a few times until I push it down.  She says something about it wanting a treat, but she didn’t have any – as she hands us an oreo!  How bizarre.  lol I think that was pretty much the end of that segment.

Next I’m riding in the back of an SUV, I think with Tracey, maybe someone else. I feel a bit uncomfortable, perhaps because I’m not the one driving.  I make a comment about it, and realize it’s dog the bounty hunter driving (but we’re not a bounty lol)  He defends his driving and I say that yes, I’ve never seen him drive irresponsibly, and that was it.  Then we drove past this weird thing that can only exist in dreams.  It’s like the road just ends at a cliff on the side of the road, but there is water coming down as if it magically transformed into a waterfall.  Which was of course kinda scary.  Water near roads in real life is always freaky for me, I prefer a bit of space myself.  I was also wondering if there were more crocodiles lol  So who knows about this whole mess.

Before all this I had a strange dream also.  I was at my cousin’s house and they had this wrestling ring setup.  My cousin, who was now 7 or 8 or so, was doing all these flips and stuff on the mat, and bouncing off the ropes.  Then we take some of it down, but I spend much of the dream trying to decide where to best put just one rope for him to play with. 

I also remember in the dream getting a christmas card from Inari.  lol  It wasn’t like the card you actually sent either. 

There was yet another dream.  I remember walking down a street, and people start shooting at me!  But I have these guards with me, and apparently I wasn’t allowed a gun (damn!)  Somehow I’m never hit, even though there are many people trying to.  Eventually we get through it and end up at a safe house, or my house, who knows.  It’s a small house in an older neighborhood.  There is some stuff that looks kinda like mine, yet isn’t.  I let some cats out of a carrier, none of which look quite like mine. 

I remember different people milling about, one of which being my guard, who is a taller but not huge black guy.  I think I spent time just trying to sort out some of the stuff, get a feel for the house, stuff like that.  At one point, someone comes and makes a new closet type area in the covered porch.  I got a text message saying it was done, and when I went to the porch it was.  lol  Very odd and random. 

Oh, and then there was a small part where I was trying to put out a fire at the end of this building so it wouldn’t spread to the rest of the building.  It was small, and existed in some electrical thing.  I unplugged it and poured hydrolic fluid and then water on it.  Oh, I knew about the fluid because before that I had been painstakingly following someone as they showed myself and perhaps someone else how to break down this machine into it’s most vital componants and make it something else.  I don’t remember what now.

The fire part I think was because of watching the video of the new wildfires in california sparked by the Santa Ana winds.  It was so intense!  But the rest?  All I can figure is my brain is strange!

Icarus
    Participant

This is a sexual energy dream if I ever saw one! Sorry, but it is.

The crocodile: The crocodile (alligators too) is a symbol of primal energy and raw sexuality. It is also the keeper of all ancient wisdom. Crocodiles are also warnings not to get swamped under the wisdom and knowledge that you are receiving. Sometimes, they come to show us to be watchful, and to take care of our “sight.” But, in combination with the rest of this crazy dream, I will take the sexual/primal energy meanings, and the fact that it is red… well, you see where this is going. ;)

Oh, and in the dream when the woman hands you an OREO… It’s a circle. You know the symbolism for that. ;)

Cool dream.

Jax
    Keymaster

Cooler perhaps if it hadn’t had this undercurrent that disturbed me the whole time!  lol 

Damn sexual energy lol

Jax
    Keymaster

Lack of sleep makes it harder to remember dreams.  But I do remember enough of this one.  I was in car that I think my friend Christi was driving.  There was at least one other person in the car.  I look ahead and to my left and see this huge missile, at least twice the length of a car with big wings launch.  It skims the ground practically and looks like it’s heading for a barn after crossing the road in front of us.  Instead it morphs into a tank.  Then it starts firing at us, these lobbing shots that are more like mortars than tank rounds.  In the middle of this it shoots into the sky and makes fireworks.  Then it starts shooting at us again, a few times rocking the car but not blowing us up.  The tank morphs into a van which follows us.  Since the rounds are large I try to direct Christi which way to drive to avoid them, but she doesn’t seem to react fast enough.  Eventually some land on the car and I see they look more like dynamite, again, not really exploding.  Once or twice they even end up going off under the van.  I get her to drive a little faster as we get to my parent’s road.  We pull into the driveway and then everything is done.  My mom mentions that two cd’s came in for me.  There are lots of cars there.  That’s about it. 

I’ll spend time while working to see what I get out of this.  I have some ideas but don’t want to get in trouble for being online.  lol

Jax
    Keymaster

I had a strange dream while napping today.  Actually, any dream I have while napping is strange, always different from night dreams. 

At one point I was driving really fast.  I mean, crazy impossibly fast considering my car is old, and these cops were coming the other way.  but as much as I tried to slow down, it didn’t seem to work.  But, they also didn’t come get me.  It was a very short dream, but by the end I think I became lucid enough that when the cop had to see me flying at like 120 i decided I should take an exit and park real quick and hope they can’t find me.  The thought that came into my head while typing just now is that it represents my spiritual development, which is going so fast it blows my mind sometimes.  Am i perhaps waiting for it to come to a stop again, hence the cops?  But no one tried to get me, so I shouldn’t worry about it? 

Ok, next dream.  I was in a room with a karate class.  I may have recognized a few people, including the instructor who taught me from age 8 to 18.  It was really full, mixed ranks, just doing simple stuff.  I had a white uniform with a black belt, very odd since I always wore a black uniform as a black belt (I looked badass!  lol)  At some point I was told to go to another building or room and get some lights that were used to score sparring matches, but I didn’t know where I was told to go.  I tried to subtley ask, but my instructor wasn’t playing along.  The rest of the dream was spent trying to find them.  In the middle of this there were three girls, around age 13 or so that I used to know from teaching the junior high show choir.  Two of them were bickering and I sat down and reminded them to stop.  At the same time I just lightly touched their arm.  They both stopped, paid attention and started focusing on their breathing.  Talk about the magic touch!  It was awesome!  I reminded them that they’re sisters and disagreements happen.  Then I continued on my quest for the lights. 

I went to another building which I’ve seen before in a dream.  There was a tae kwon do class or something training.  I waited on the side until they were done, still in my uniform.  When everyone cleared out I started peeking around to find these lights.  The instructor who was a relatively large black guy in a purple outfit (hahaha purple is funny for martial arts) talked to me a bit.  Asked me if I was a Marine (I was now wearing my ever present hat) and said yes, but I’ve been out for 8 years.  He said there were some national guard doing training outside, he thought, since he saw one rappel down the building before.  I found that odd but kept looking.  I told him what I was looking for but he didn’t know either.  So the rest of the dream I was just looking through things and finding odd little things that I don’t remember now. 

My favorite part of this dream was helping the girls stop arguing.  It made me so proud to see them go right into a calming exercise.  If only it were that easy to get people to do online! 

Jax
    Keymaster

Everyone stumped on the last one?  :-) 

I don’t remember enough pieces, I don’t think I was sleeping well.  But I remember bits and pieces, hopefully that’s enough.  The order is going to be off probably too.

In this dream it was mainly myself, carrie, and two Marine buddies, sarah and holloway.  We were all hanging out somewhere.  At one point it was in a big room that was a cafeteria but was also showing a movie.  Maybe it was like a reunion of sorts?  As the moive is going, holloway is getting cold and asks if I’ll go get her a blanket.  Thus begins the impossible quest.  lol  I head out and try looking all over.  I don’t really know where one is, so I try to decide between looking or taking the time to go back to the house and getting it, which I think takes longer than the movie lasts.  Either way I figure it’ll take too long but I look anyway. 

Somewhere in this I run into a woman I went to boot camp with.  She was in the other platoon, but we left from Milwaukee on the same day so at least chatted that night and occasionally saw each other in boot camp.  Then we were in combat training together and had almost the same MOS.  We were really similar, but there were also aspects about her that drove me nuts and I didn’t trust her.  But, when she saw me in the dream she was excited and happy.  She said she knew we weren’t the best of friends but was glad to see me.  I was happy too and said we just shouldn’t be allowed to spend too much time together (that’s when things would go downhill). 

I think things shifted completely at some point.  I was in this strange boat.  It’s deck was flat and open, without full walls on the sides.  Instead the walls came up a bit and then became wooden rails.  First it was just me on the boat, and this little toy truck or something.  It was rocking quite a bit, so water would almost come in, but didn’t.  Then it shifted to the other side.  However, this wasn’t nearly as scary as my other water dreams.  Just odd.  Something else was going on to, but I don’t remember it enough to make sense of it and write it down. 

At some point, people try to get in.  I think only two or so.  I get rid of them, either by shooting them or something else.  One throws a stick of explosive which I grab and throw back into the water, where it then explodes.  Then things are calm again.  In time is shifts so there are lots of Marines on the boat with me, coming back from Iraq.  I wasn’t with them, but I know some of them.  There’s also a little boy.  There still aren’t tons of us, less than 10 including the boy.  We’re going past people and they’re just looking like they don’t know what to do.  The boy starts clapping, and that gets people to clap a little, but not much.  As we go along, we seem to magically acquire more people. 

Eventually I’m back and go to the house, now holding a blanket for holloway.  lol  I feel like I’ve been gone a week.  It’s really nice and sunny, which is weird because I’m not usually aware of the light levels in a dream.  Anway… It’s weird when I get there because I’m not sure what to talk about.  (this happens in real life with them a lot right now.  I just don’t know what to say to them because we’re becoming so different)  At some point it’s just me and carrie in the living room and someone comes to the door.  For some reason I’m not wearing a shirt (but nothing sexual) so I say to hold on a minute, as he’s walking in the door.  I ask him to turn around so I can get my shirt on, which he does.  Apparently he’s a friend of holloway, so she and sarah both come out of the other part of the house.  I give her some shit about her friends just walking in as I’m mildly annoyed. 

Then there’s another shift.  Same house, but different people.  I see a boy who is my cousin luke when he was 8 or 10 or something.  this confuses me because luke is in his 20’s a has these huge arms that he grew while on tour in Iraq.  Everyone in the dream is younger, but I know it’s not that time.  I try to figure out how to make it today but can’t.  I find a notebook with my name that says age 8, which can’t be right since luke is quite a few years younger than I am.  I try to explain this situation to a guy I work with (I think) and he says something about it happening to him too.  But no solution.  I was getting really frustrated at how I appeared to be stuck in this past.  (or maybe the past.)

So I guess the obvious parts here are that I’m not comfortable talking with my friends, yet I’ll still go on impossible quests for them.  I’m stuck in the past and don’t like it.  And people like to attack me in my dreams.  lol  At least these bad guys were inept and easy to take care of.  :-)

Icarus
    Participant

It almost sounds like both of these dreams are showing you that you feel lost without the comfort zone of certain friendships. Your mind darts from the Marine Corps to the present, to Holloway and Sarah… You state that you feel (in real life) that you don’t know what to say to your friends. But, you still try to be that good friend, and give them comfort (the blanket).

Quote:
    At some point, people try to get in.  I think only two or so.  I get rid of them, either by shooting them or something else.  One throws a stick of explosive which I grab and throw back into the water, where it then explodes.

and:

Quote:
    At some point it’s just me and carrie in the living room and someone comes to the door.  For some reason I’m not wearing a shirt (but nothing sexual) so I say to hold on a minute, as he’s walking in the door.  I ask him to turn around so I can get my shirt on, which he does.  Apparently he’s a friend of holloway, so she and sarah both come out of the other part of the house.  I give her some shit about her friends just walking in as I’m mildly annoyed. 

Who is trying to get close to you now? Is there someone in your life that is encroaching on what you see as your territory/sanctuary, and you are unsure as how far to let them in?

Quote:
    We were really similar, but there were also aspects about her that drove me nuts and I didn’t trust her.  But, when she saw me in the dream she was excited and happy.  She said she knew we weren’t the best of friends but was glad to see me.  I was happy too and said we just shouldn’t be allowed to spend too much time together (that’s when things would go downhill). 

Maybe this has more to do with balance than anything personal about one person? You say there were similar things between you and this person, but that she drove you nuts. What things about her drove you nuts and why?

Quote:
    We’re going past people and they’re just looking like they don’t know what to do.  The boy starts clapping, and that gets people to clap a little, but not much.  As we go along, we seem to magically acquire more people. 

Do you feel underappreciated about something?

Jax
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Who is trying to get close to you now? Is there someone in your life that is encroaching on what you see as your territory/sanctuary, and you are unsure as how far to let them in?

Actually, I’m feeling very well about some friendships and how open and honest they are.  I have two friendships like this, and two that are not like this.  But I don’t feel unsure about the good ones from what I can see.

Quote:
    Maybe this has more to do with balance than anything personal about one person? You say there were similar things between you and this person, but that she drove you nuts. What things about her drove you nuts and why?

She was a bitch.  lol  Seriously, it was the way she interacted and treated people.  We had similarities with the Marine Corps, we were both in Civil Air Patrol, other things I can’t remember anymore.  She was demanding and offputting.  She had her good qualities, but the way she interacted with people drove me nuts. 

Quote:
    Do you feel underappreciated about something?

Maybe.  I feel underappreciated in a few friendships, but that’s in hindsight, not right now.  They aren’t reaching out to me, nor am I to them.  So I’m not really sure. 

Jax
    Keymaster

There are a bunch of things I don’t remember.  But there’s a part I do, and it may or may not have relevance, especially from Icarus’s standpoint.

I was in a classroom, first with desks facing either forward or back, rather than just forward.  We were supposed to share something about jewelry that is significant to us.  The teacher gets annoyed with the room setup and we all shift our chairs to a rough circle.  When it’s my turn I check to make sure what the question was.  I think I got lost in what others were saying.  So I talked about my rings – Marine Corps and the one Carrie got me.  And I mention I wear two necklace type things – my dog tags and my arrowhead.  This is I think the significant part.  The arrowhead was the same one I have now, but where it attached to the leather there was a small polished piece of lapis lazuli.  And when I looked closer, the tip of the arrowhead was broke off.  Oh, and as I explained everything I mentioned that the arrowhead had some spiritual significance and had something to do with the goddess Diana.  I didn’t elaborate beyond that.

Then it shifts slowly from the classroom to being on a school bus.  Ther’s a girl in the seat with me, to my right, trapping me.  Across the aisle is a girl from high school that I recently reconnected with who is now wicca.  She asks to see it so I take off the necklace and give it to her.  She holds it to her heart area, like she’s feeling it’s energy.  Then she hands it back to me.  I make sure the person next to me doesn’t do much with it, and then I get it back finally.  I hold it too, close my eyes and notice a bit of a blue afterimage in my mind from where the lapis was, which was unusual. 

The rest of the dream involved the girl who sat next to me hitting on me.  She was quite annoying and I got flustered.  She got off the bus at a stop, so I got off only to realize too late she tricked me and it was the wrong stop.  So we snagged the next bus.  I went to the back where there were some curtains you could close around the seats that were lengthways along the bus instead of in rows.  I stopped just short of the curtained area and then tried to figure out how to open the conversation to figure out what was wrong with her that she was hitting on me blatantly when I was so clearly married.  But then the alarm went off. 

So, what do you think?  I liked the lapis being on the necklace.  It’s kinda ‘my’ stone.  I have no idea how it was on there though.  lol  And I’m not sure why the arrowhead was chipped.  Or why that girl was hitting on me.  Damn girls!  lol

Icarus
    Participant
    Quote:
    The arrowhead was the same one I have now, but where it attached to the leather there was a small polished piece of lapis lazuli.  And when I looked closer, the tip of the arrowhead was broke off.  Oh, and as I explained everything I mentioned that the arrowhead had some spiritual significance and had something to do with the goddess Diana.  I didn’t elaborate beyond that.

A hunter cannot make a clean kill with a broken weapon. It would take carving to get to the meat of the issue. ;)

Coinquidinkly, I was holding my lapis just before I went to sleep last night. As you know, it is a healing stone and it is your stone/color. It being placed with the arrowhead shows communion of energies. another integration point… woo hoo :P . But, that means that you also have to look more into Diana’s qualities to see what strengths you are forgetting. Then the arrow would become whole again.

Quote:
    Then it shifts slowly from the classroom to being on a school bus.

Travelling forward in reverse? Seriously, this is moving forward, but you get off the bus at the wrong stop, and then when you get back on, you choose the back.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here