• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello my name is James I am from the UK, and have been practicing Martial Arts and Raja yoga for about 20 years, and I have met many intresting yoga practitioner’s and martial artists over the years, as I am new here I wish to have a very open mind, but I always question anything that cannot be proved to me adequately or sounds like a load of rubbish, and I can be very annoying in such matters so be warned. I wish you all a very happy new year. 

Jax
    Keymaster

Welcome James. There’s nothing wrong with questioning, but there are some things that simply can’t be ‘proven’ in most standard ways.  At some point you just have to believe and see where it takes you.  In my case, there are times where I have to ask my wife her opinion.  Since she is more gifted than I she can ‘prove’ things in a sense to me and reinforce my own experiences.  That doesn’t mean everyone should be trusted.  We have to use our intuition to sort the real from the bs.  However, I would remind you that everyone needs to be respectful of others beliefs.  You can disagree, but disagree in a courteous manner.  In other words, no personal attacks, don’t respond out of anger, but instead ask questions to understand their position. In that way you will understand them better, your own position as well.  And in the end, the environment will remain supportive for everyone on their path.  I don’t know that you would be discourteous, so I needed to say it just to be sure. :-)

I look forward to you entering discussions.

Tai-Da
    Participant

Hey welcome James. I too am from the UK. Where abouts? Be good to meet up sometime, I have a gathering being made for march if you want to come. Will give you a pm with details.

Good to see you.

MTFBWY

Tai

Atticus

Welcome, James.  I too was pretty much a confirmed skeptic when I arrived — eh, still am, really — but I came in determined to keep an open mind and not completely write off new ideas just because they didn’t fit with my own worldview.  The longer I’m here, the easier it becomes to embrace the potential in new ideas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here