• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Greetings all!

I am new to the Institute, though not brand new to the path.  I’m 42, married (to Stormeye, who just introduced himself), and have three children: a grown step-daughter, a college-aged son, and a daughter who is a high school senior. I have been an avid martial artist since I was 16 years old, first studying karate and then I went on to supplement my karate training with Tai Chi, Aikido, Pa Gua, Hsing I, and Kali.  The internal arts of Tai Chi and Aikido have had a profound spiritual impact on me as it was in these practices that I first began to sense the Force (Chi/Ki) flowing through me and learned how to blend my energy with that of my opponent and with the world at large.

As for Jedi in specific, I was nine when the very first movie came out and captured my imagination.  While I have formally studied both Buddhism and Taoism, I keep coming back to Jedi as the Eastern paths have such strong cultural overlays that they have always felt a little foreign to me.  As Jediism arises from a Western myth, I feel more at home with it.

Tercenya

Jax
    Keymaster

Welcome.  I also received your application (right around the same time as Stormeye’s so I wondered about the connection.  I hope you’ll jump into discussions as well and I look forward to seeing your responses to the intro course!

Jedi_Phoenix

Welcome to the path, I hope this continues to help you develop your understanding of the Force and of yourself!!!

If you have any questions please let us know,
    Phoenix

Kol Drake

:welcome

Welcome and I think you hit one of many ‘nails’ on the head about Eastern concepts being a little too well….  it is why many look at the Jedi path for wanting something a bit more comfortable.

Should be interesting to read your posts since you have a great martial and philisophical background.  :yoda

Anonymous

Thank you all for the warm welcome. We started working on the Introduction Workbook and I must say that I am quite impressed with the thought that went into the training program as a whole. (And I am a distance educator by profession so I know a thing or two about it.  ;)).

It speaks well of the curriculum that there are requirements in place for students to put what they are learning into practice. In my opinion, a Jedi needs to be far more than an armchair philosopher – he or she should live and breathe the principles of Jedi Realism in every moment. Well, at least that’s my ultimate goal anyhow! 

Jax
    Keymaster

Well, now that you’ve spoke up we’ll be tapping into that experience in the future. :-D 

And thank you for the compliment.  A lot of time and effort has gone into it, with a lot more in work. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here