• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I need to go through the bookstore and make some changes to reflect our current configuration.  This includes updating what books are recommended.  However, the bookstore seems to be underutilized and I’d like feedback from anyone willing to provide it.  I’ll admit, I forget all the time to use it.  The benefit is that the Institute earns a percentage of what you spend to use on our webhosting costs, which is quite helpful. 

I welcome any and all ideas.  You can select multiple options in the poll, and even if you chose something besides other I’d appreciate a few comments so I can get a feel for all of this.  Thanks!

Memnoich
    Participant

now this is through amazon correct? if so, you might want to point out that you can purchase more then just the recommended books, you can get just about anything from amazon and the site gets credit for it, even music. in fact you might want to see if you can add a music section to the bookstore.

Jax
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s there but amazon doesn’t have it setup easily so the search box is small and at the bottom.  I’m going to play with that some more as well since that’s how I use it all the time. :-)  as for music, there are a few ways we could go.  People could have a recommended list of music, but since the bookstore is more for things that directly support the path it should be limited to cd’s to aid meditation, audiobooks, things of that nature.  But that’s something to think about for sure.  Thanks for the idea!

Memnoich
    Participant

The other thing I had thought about was cafe press, get some t-shirts, stickers, mugs, wall clocks, ETC with the IJRS logo and website address, and maybe some other graphics created for sale. The nice thing about cafe press is they don’t actually make it till it is purchased, so no overhead for IJRS. They host the store and make the items, you set the price, they take their cut, and the rest goes to you. Was thinking this might be another way to offset some of the web hosting fees, and get some of us some cool stuff, I mean, I’d by a t-shirt and maybe a hoodie with the logo and maybe something like, “Jedi in Training” or some other such quote.

Oh, and I forgot, you can even have them make books, so maybe put up some of the workbooks for offline copies.

Jax
    Keymaster

If someone were willing to create some designs, I’m all for it! I’m definitely not visual arts inclined however. :-)

Memnoich
    Participant

I can give it a shot,granted no arts major here, but I do like to dabble a lil bit. ok, first off, in the shield what do the symbols represent, I see a sword, scroll, crystal ball and hands, and what looks like a shooting star, represent the Force maybe? Anything in the green? do the colors represent anything, i.e. earth air fire water?

Jax
    Keymaster

Interesting…lol Ok, there’s no shooting star, that’s a graphic glitch.  The crystal ball is actually a ball of energy and representative of energy work.  Green is for nature.  The scroll and yellow is knowledge, the sword representative of the warrior.  And, for a lesson in awareness…I just realized that the red is supposed to be grey and was originally grey.  I’m trying to remember who did the most recent logo, since the grey was representative of the unknown aspects of the path.  I guess I need to track this down.  At least the list is short.  I can send you the versions of the files I have if you want to just play around in the meantime.

inari
    Participant

CafePress is a great idea! I have a little skill with the ‘ol photoshop myself, I’ll put this on my ‘to-do’ list. Then we can advertise for Christmas  :P

Jax
    Keymaster

Woohoo! :-)

Jedi_Phoenix

I’m too impatient for my books to order them…I like them…now^^

But since some of the proceeds go to helping out the webhosting, I’m willing to look more into it.  Also maybe we should create more incentive for buying books through us.  Can’t think of what, butjust thought I’d throw that out hahaha (book groups again?)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here