• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Participant

I thought it would be great to create a thread in which we could all post our own insights and ‘uh huh’ moments while we read the book, so it can become like an archive of insights :)

jdmcowan
    Participant

I’m thinking you meant “Ah-hah” moments. “Uh-huh,” is used for a weak, “yes,” similar to, “I guess so.”

Ying
    Participant

Hehe, thank you Zen Ryo :) I did mean ‘Ah Hah!” :D

jdmcowan
    Participant

It will be interesting to see what revelations and paradigm shifts we may go through (‘ah-hah’ moments). But I guess we could also post our ‘uh-huh’ moments – as in, “I just read something that seems right.” So this thread is for anything from ‘uh-huh’ to ‘ah-hah’.

Ying
    Participant

Of course :) We should look at both the concepts we don’t understand and those we do so we have a greater awareness of what is being taught. All concepts in the teaching all come together in the end to create one teaching: be here now, without time. That is my perspective anyway, its all valid :)

Otherone
    Participant

WOWWWWW

I finally got the full understanding of “the now” today listening to a seminar and it just hit me. For some reason even after reading the chapters and hearing it a thousand time the now was still a mental “moment” where i would try to feel everything listen to everything and see everything, and it was very difficult, nearly impossible. Then today after i listened to a seminar on youtube i was driving and it hit me. The now is not a moment, its always, never changes, never moves, its just life.

I really can’t explain it in any words you haven’t read or heard before, but it sure is peaceful when you find the true now.

Kol Drake

You might post the youtube you mentioned?

Atticus
    Kol Drake wrote:
    You might post the youtube you mentioned?

Seconded.

Otherone
    Participant

Well the seminar is quite long, but its split into ten parts about 30 min to an hour long this is the first video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyhBwuxOi4Q&feature=relmfu

The actual video that he speaks a bit more about the now is here

Ying
    Participant

Awesome Otherone! :D

Dont worry yourself by trying to put it into words, just live it!
    You will find the practice of presence easier the more you do it, and it will become more and more natural and frequent for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here