• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    inari
    Participant

Dear friends,

Some of you may have heard in the past about how much I wanted to move to New Zealand, and how several aspects of my training, teaching and finding local Jedi have been put on hold due to this. Well, I’m extremely pleased to be able to say that the Force has been with me and my family over the last couple of weeks, and our plans to move are confirmed.

It is all a bit of a funny story.

My husband put his name in at a recruitment company that I suggested (while browsing recruitment companies), they in term were excited to have someone with his experience willing to go to NZ and put his name down at the University of Otago, in Dunedin, South Island for a position with their internal IT department. He had a Skype interview on Monday 1st Dec, we listed our house for sale on Tuesday 2nd, had our first open inspection on the 7th Dec, had an offer on the house, which we accepted, on the 9th Dec, got confirmation of the job offer on the 10th Dec and a buyer for my husbands car that same day.

Whew! This goes to show that when you are working with the Force things can move extremely fast, but in my experience that is the way this works sometimes, you just have to let go, trust in the Force, and (try) to enjoy the ride!

So, we will be moving to NZ in late January, and I expect to have little access to internet for a time from mid-Jan to mid-Feb, most likely. We will be looking to get a house and get settled as fast as possible, which as you can see can be pretty quick. I’ll be sharing my new contact details as I get them, I already have a gmail account (see profile) that I can be reached on.

I love being a Jedi lol.

Inari

Setanaoko
    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS INARI!!!! :)

Adana
    Participant

That is wonderful news Inari. I am truly happy for you and your family and wish you the best all your future endevors.

And yes, if you let go and trust in the Force things will certainly move in different ways.

inari
    Participant

Hey folks,

The adventure continues tomorrow, our goods are being loaded onto a container for shipment (well, actually they’ll sit around for two weeks and THEN get shipped  ;D). We are departing Monday morning for Christchurch. If anyone needs to contact me, please use email, don’t wait for me to be on a chat. I have a laptop and I will be checking in when I can. I am not sure exactly how long or to what extent I’ll be less contactable, but I guarentee if you email me, I’ll get back to asap.

Inari.

Jax
    Keymaster

Getting closer!  We’ll miss you on your adventure, but should survive in the meantime.  :-)  Travel safe!

Erik Jogimar
    Participant

Good luck with moving! :)

inari
    Participant

Hey folks,

Just sitting in a McCafe to let you know that I should be up and running again within a few more days. I’ve been in Dunedin for a month now, living in a 1 room little cottage with the whole family (not an experience I want to repeat) but am moving into our house tomorrow. I expect to be back on the ‘net and catching up on events here on the weekend.

Missed you all so much!

Inari

Jax
    Keymaster

I’m excited for you!  I look forward to seeing pictures eventually…no rush though. :-)

inari
    Participant

Yeah, well I’m glad you’re not in a rush my friend. Here it is a week later and I’m STILL using McCafe…first we had dramas getting the phone line connected and now it will be several more days to get the modem for broadband.

Patience is a virtue that I remind myself of daily.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here