• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

How we control and create our lives
    From Neale Donald Walsch’s blog on beliefnet

Are human beings destined to forever suffer “the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,” as Hamlet put it, or do we have the power to “rise up against a sea of troubles and, by opposing, end them?”

I ask the question because last week a person posting here as “T” wrote me this…

Seriously, Neale. We can’t have everything we want. In fact, in my life, what I’ve discovered is that absolutely nothing I can do will ever change, fix, or improve some of the situations I’ve been very unhappy with for what is approaching two decades. I’m really tired of hearing that it’s all my fault, that if I just had faith or believed enough or thought positively enough or repeated enough affirmations or meditated or whateverwhateverwhatever, I could make things go the way I want them to go!

I promised here on Monday that I would offer some additional comment on “T’s” contribution. “T” is a member, if case you don’t know, of our Sunday School All Week, which is being conducted in this space from now until Christmas.

So “T”, first of all, thank you for your contribution — only the first portion of which I have quoted above. (More response to “T” in my next entry here!) Now, as to what you had to say, let’s look at it, shall we?

You said…

Seriously, Neale. We can’t have everything we want.

You’re absolutely right, and I couldn’t agree with you more. In fact, I learned in my Conversations with God that you can’t have ANYTHING you want. Not one single thing. Why? Because, God said, the very act of “wanting” a thing…pushes it away from you.

You must understand one thing. You must grasp and embrace one fundamental Truth about Life if you are going to live a happy and fulfilling life, T. And before I go into that, let me explain what I mean by “happy” and “fulfilling.”

A “happy” life is a life that is marked by profound joy, peace, serenity, safety, security, wonder, excitement, warmth, laughter, and love.

(By the way, “peace” and “serenity” are not the same thing. Neither are “safety” and “security.” I invite you to ponder the nuance of their differences.

“Peace” is a state of being characterized by a complete lack of agitation, frustration, anger, resentment, judgment, disappointment or negativity of any kind at any level. “Serenity” is the state of being we enter when we know that our Peace can and will never end. It is the complete lack of anxiety, anxiousness, worry, or concern that Peace can or will be lost.

“Safety” is a state of being characterized by a sense of immunity to harm or hurt of damage of any kind at any level — mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual. “Security”is the state of being we enter when we know that our Safety can and will never end; that we are always safe, everywhere. It is the complete lack of anxiety, anxiousness, worry, or concern that Safety can or will be lost.)

So once again….a “happy” life is a life that is marked by profound joy, peace, serenity, safety, security, wonder, excitement, warmth, laughter, and love.

A “fulfilling” life is a life that is marked by a sense of total self-expression; an awareness that we are doing what we came here to do, that we have no unfinished business in any moment, that through the placement of our talents and energies into the fabric of life we have come to Know Who We Really Are and to experience our authentic selves, thus revealing and living our True Identity — and expanding it).

Okay. Now, T, what I said a moment ago was that you must understand one thing. You must grasp and embrace one fundamental Truth about Life if you are going to live a happy and fulfilling life. Now…here is that one thing:

You must understand that you are the creator of your own experience.

If you do not understand this, if you do not believe this, then you can never have the experience of creating your own experience, precisely because you are doing just that.

Because you ARE creating your own experience in every moment, T, whether you wish to admit or not, you are creating the experience of not being able to create your experience because you say you cannot!

Everything you say becomes your lived reality, whether you say that it does or not.

Are you getting this, T? You are in a hall of mirrors here. Everything in Life reflects back to you what you send to it. The image you see is the image you project.

Now, T, if you say “I WANT” something…whatever it is you said you “want,” you cannot have — because you’ve just said that you want it…and your words are creative. Your every word is an announcement to the Univ erse of the Next Reality That You Wish to Experience.

Are you getting this?

The statement “I WANT” only pushes the experience of what you “want” away from you. So you are right, T. You are absolutely right. We “can’t have everything we want.” That is correct. Indeed, it is profoundly correct.

(By the way, T, Conversations with God never said that we can have anything we want. In fact, it said exactly the opposite.)

Now, you then said…

In fact, in my life, what I’ve discovered is that absolutely nothing I can do will ever change, fix, or improve some of the situations I’ve been very unhappy with for what is approaching two decades.

I “get” that this is true for you, T, but I hope that you can understand that it is not true for everybody. In my life, in fact, the only way that any situation I’ve been unhappy with has ever been changed, fixed, or improved is if I change, fix, or improve it! Isn’t that interesting? We’ve had the exact opposite experience.

But in order for you to share my experience, in order for you to have an identical one, you needs must understand the difference between a “situation” and your “experience” of it. It is perhaps true that certain outward circumstances, conditions, and “situations” cannot be changed (at least, not immediately). Yet that does not mean that your inward experience of them cannot change. It can. And when it does, you set into motion the most powerful force in the Universe (the Energy of Creation), — a force that can and will ultimately change your outward situation, circumstance, and condition.

Remember in Star Wars when Obi Wan Kenobi said to Luke Skywalker, “The Force be with you”…? This is what that was all about. That was not science fiction, T. That was Truth, masquerading as entertainment.

There IS a “force” in the Universe, T. Some people call that “force” God. Or Allah. Or Yehwey. Or Brahman. Or Pure Essence. Or the Essential Energy. Or The One Thing That Is.

By whatever name, that “force” may be used by anyone at any time. It begins as an Inner Manifestation, and it ends as an Outer Reality. First you change your Inner World, then you begin to impact your Outer World. You change your Inner World by creating your inner experience of anything — and everything. You change your inner experience by declaring with it is; by deciding what it is; why choosing what it is. This is done by an act of sheer will. This act of sheer will has nothing to do with outward circumstances or conditions or events. It has to do with your inward response to them.

Nothing and no one can dictate to you what your inward response to anything is or should be. You, and you alone, decide this. You make your decision based on many things. Past experience? Prior ideas (usually given to you by somebody else)? Future fears and anxieties? Or, perhaps, your highest thought about Who You Are and What Is SO for You Here and Now.

This is the space of pure creation. You can call anything “good.” ANYTHING. And when you “call it good,” it IS Good. And it becomes good in the experience of others as well, sooner or later, because your thought of a thing eventually and inevitably affects that thing — and all other things that are affected by it.

This is basic metaphysics here. This is the alchemy of the Universe.

I’m really tired of hearing that it’s all my fault, that if I just had faith or believed enough or thought positively enough or repeated enough affirmations or meditated or whateverwhateverwhatever, I could make things go the way I want them to go!

This, too, T said to me. And T, I hear you. Loud and clear. So here’s what I’d invite you to do. Pick up a copy of Happier Than God. Do this now. Not tomorrow, not in a few days. Right now. Get online and pick up a copy. It can in your hands tomorrow. All of your questions will be answered there. All of your frustrations will be addressed.

And we will continue — all of us here — with our Sunday School All Week in the days ahead. I have a hundred Commentaries to catch up on! Hang in there with me, folks. We’re on a roll here. And I want to hear from all of you.

When this Sunday School is finished in December we’ll have laid out a new spiritual worldview, and discussed and explored it extensively. It is going to be an exciting three months. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a few dozen entries to read here from the Comments Section…

Charles
    Participant

Excellant reply Jax, and a truth of spiritual Alchemy as it is. If I may offer some advice my mentor once told me. “When you find yourself in a situation you can not bare, a situation beyound your capacity, or even a situation in wihch you are not smiling, smile. When you smile you excite the emotion of happiness even when it is not there. After a few minutes or an hour that smile becomes part of your emotional state and you will pass it on to others, in an hour or a day even your workplace or home place may be smiling with you.”

Also remember the intent behind any mantra you do. If your mantras true intent is to get rid of who you are, who you REALY are, all you will meet with is failure. Instead focus your Mantras, your focus even, on being more like you and less like everyone else who is influencing you.

Just what I can offer, again Jax excellant post and you covered many bases increadibly well.

Jax
    Keymaster

Lol, thanks, I wish I could take the credit, but I’m just reposting from Neale.  And I’m sure he would absolutely agree with your statement!  A very wise mentor you have.  :-)  I’ll go edit the post to make sure he’s credited, I must have gotten a bit lazy here.  Oops! 

Jedi_Phoenix
    Quote:
    How we control and create our lives

This, too, T said to me. And T, I hear you. Loud and clear. So here’s what I’d invite you to do. Pick up a copy of Happier Than God. Do this now. Not tomorrow, not in a few days. Right now. Get online and pick up a copy. It can in your hands tomorrow. All of your questions will be answered there. All of your frustrations will be addressed.

As I was reading this post, this book kept coming to my mind and I think he based a lot of his response on this book, so if you are looking for some of the wisdom he shared in this post, that book would be an excellent source.

As for what I was going to say, I believe “control” is an illusion.  We can’t “control” anything.  We would like to, we would like to believe we could.  And that was T’s biggest frustration, and sometimes mine as well.  If something doesn’t go the way I want, I want to control it and MAKE it go the way I want.  But that is the difference between the “situation” and the “experience.” What we CAN control is ourselves and our attitudes. 

We create our own realities, and by focusing on positive attitudes our experience of the situations we encounter may turn better, even if the situation is turning south.  One thing that I learned to do, and something that changed my attitude was to post a Gratitude Journal.  Everyday, well two days now xD, but besides the point, I have gotten up and posted just a snippet for myself, of what I am grateful for.  I noticed between just two days and 5 extra minutes, what gratefullness can really do for you.

Anyways, coming back to focus.  In Neale’s book “Happier than God” he says we create our own realities by realizing the Unspoken Truth.  Once this truth is realized things do change. 

The only thing I can’t still figure out, and I think I understood before and I’m just confusing myself now, is that section on “want” and why we can’t have what we “want”.  I didn’t understand Neale’s response, but maybe that should be saved for a whole other thread.

Jax
    Keymaster

It’s relatively simple, but does take a little more explanation at times (which does exist in the books, just not in this post.)  Do you want something that you already have?  If you have ice cream, do you say, I want ice cream?   Or do you enjoy the ice cream?  We only want what we don’t have.  We are experiencing ‘not having’.  That’s what we vibrate and tell the universe.  The universe (or god) says, you are vibrating not having, that is what matches you, that is what you will receive.  So you continue to experience not having.  Thus, you can’t ever get what you want because you are not attracting it to you. 

Neale states that you need to act as if you already have something to get it.  I’ve never found that message very helpful, so I’m going to switch messengers for a bit.  Abraham-hicks teachings are more clear on this, in my opinion. 

Let’s say you are experiencing a situation you don’t enjoy.  Say you want ice cream (lol), and you don’t have any in the house.  You are experiencing not having at the moment.  As long as you focus on it, you’re not attracting it to you, and thus slowing down your receiving of ice cream.  When we want something, it isn’t very pleasant.  We feel something less than good, the severity depending on the situation.  Use that feeling as a cue that something isn’t quite right in your experience.  It is telling you that there is something you desire.  (I’m going to use desire here to separate from how we used the word want above.)  Stop, and ask yourself, what is it that I desire?  Well, I want some ice cream.  If you stop there, you will continue to experience the lack of what you want, because while you are saying what you want, your feelings are that you don’t have, and it is our feelings primarily that determine what we attract.  The next step is to ask yourself why?  Why do I want ice cream?  How will that make me feel good?  Well, it’s sweet, and cool, and reminds me of my childhood.  Now, here’s the key, as you are saying why, experience those feelings as you say them.  Feel what it felt like to get ice cream as a child.  Stay with this until you are feeling better and focusing on what it’s like to have ice cream instead of not having it.  At this point you are now living as if you have it – your feelings are the same as if you have it, and the universe will answer by bringing ice cream into your life.  Depending on all of your other vibrational requests it may come fast, it may come slow.  But I guarantee it is now coming much faster than it was before when you just said I want ice cream.

That’s a small request, but what about something bigger?  My wife has struggled with some very difficult health problems for the past 3 years or so now.  She has seizures that have severely impacted her ability to take care of herself and thus slowed down our own dreams of having children and her having a career in music.  But, that doesn’t mean they are gone, even as we don’t know how they could come to be.  Last night we did this exact same exercise, but regarding having children. 

I asked my wife, what do you want?  To get better.  Why do you want this?  To have children.  Why do you want to have children?  Because they are everything.  They are a chance to learn and grow with a new person.  They are a chance to pass on all that I’ve learned, and to heal the world in a new way.  They are a chance to experience the world in entirely new ways.  (these are just examples).  As we discussed these, she started to feel better, but also felt hurt.  When she noticed this I asked her why she felt hurt, because she didn’t believe it could happen.  So we had to shift gears again to focus towards positive and away from the negative that would slow down this creation.  I reminded her that we don’t know what her mind is capable of, but she is getting better every day a little bit.  We have a program to continue to build up her brain.  And I reminded her that while she’ll never be 100% she can be seizure free and be an amazing parent.  We don’t have to know how the universe will provide, just that it does answer whatever we are putting into it.  By the end of this conversation she was feeling good about it.  She was attracting what she desired because she was feeling what it would be like to have children in our lives. 

Sometimes when you do this, new negative feelings arise.  Ask yourself what you are fearing, and then shift away from it.  Usually our doubts come from not believing it can happen because we don’t see how.  Miracles occur constantly, as soon as we allow them.  Believing anything is possible is the first step.

One example of this that I found interesting was a story about Jim Carrey.  I’m going to copy someone else’s telling since they do a good job and it matches what I remember of the story on Oprah (I think).

Quote:
    Jim Carrey’s endorsement of visualization is resounding- he believes in it wholeheartedly and speaks openly about the role it played in his success. He recounts the days when he was trying to make it in Hollywood- days when doors were not flying open and people weren’t rushing out to shake his hand and get his signature on the bottom of a contract.
    He’d drive himself high atop the Hollywood Hills and sit in his car by himself and visualize, visualize, visualize. He says he would not let himself go home until he firmly believed the pictures of success he was playing in his mind’s eye. Only when he was euphoric from the success he felt pictured would he allow himself to go home. He says his return trip home was wonderful because he felt like all the wonderful things he had visualized were reality and he was a very happy camper!
    One of the most legendary examples of Jim Carrey’s devotion to visualization was when he made out a check to himself for $10 million for “acting services rendered.” In 1990 , when he was still a relative unknown, he had postdated the check for Thanksgiving 1995.
    Here’s what happened. He was paid a total of $800,000 for starring in Ace Ventura Pet Detective and The Mask. As he says, it was good pay for him at the time- especially compared to earlier times when he’d drive 100 miles in order to perform for free! But the huge success of Ace Ventura and The Mask quickly catapulted him into a multi-million dollar paycheck. He received $7 million for Dumb and Dumber. But the really amazing part is that just before Thanksgiving 1995, Jim Carrey signed a contract for $10 million.
    “I wrote it (the check) as an affirmation of everything I’ve learned,” he told Parade Magazine . “It
    wasn’t about money. I knew if I was making that much, I’d be working with the best people on the best material. That’s always been my dream. If you give up your dream, what’s left?” Jim Carrey challenges. Of course, never for a a second did Jim Carrey give up his dream – even when he was living in a camper with his family after his Dad lost his job. He had a dream, he visualized his dreams and guess what. Jim Carrey’s dreams, just like those of Tiger Woods and John Gray, have come true!

(from here)

Does that help clear up your confusion? :-)

Jedi_Phoenix

Yes it helps out a lot actually.  I think I’ve heard it explained before, but…*shrugs*

And now, I think you were messing with my mind, because here I sit recovering from wisdom teeth surgery and you bring up wanting icecream ;D  lol 

Fortunately, I DO have ice cream lol And thanks for clearing that up, I don’t understand sometimes why people have to short cut an explanation, but as long as I understand it thats all that matters.

Jax
    Keymaster

You know, everyone gets things differently.  Some people don’t like this message at all and need to come from a completely different angle to get there.  Others will be able to get the message just from Neale, others just from Abraham, and others need a combination to really get all the pieces.  That’s ok though.  :-) 

What’s funny is I can’t eat much ice cream, as I’m lactose intolerant enough that more than a small cone can make me sick.  lol  Unfortunately I got my wisdom teeth removed in boot camp, so no ice cream at all.  I think I ate mashed potatoes and gravy all the time.  I should have wrote that down somewhere, too bad I can’t find those letters…so be thankful for that ice cream!

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

That’s also the same essential theory in the book “The Secret”.  You could also say “Your focus determines your reality.” and you could also say “Take a step out in faith.”  They all pretty much act on the same principle.  But I think it is important that people understand that this does not always mean it will happen immediately and it is also important to realize that we do not always have a true realization of what it is we want.  When we are mistaken, the universe is not.  So we sometimes don’t get what we ask for because we don’t really want it.  I think it is also true, too, that some things just take persistance.

Jax
    Keymaster

The secret is based on Abraham Hicks teachings.  They’ve been doing this for 20+ years now, the Secret was just an attempt by someone else to bring the basics to more people.

Instantaneous is usually limited by our beliefs, not any actual reason inherent to the universe. 

Quote:
    So we sometimes don’t get what we ask for because we don’t really want it.

If you don’t really want it, you won’t put much energy to it, and thus won’t be drawn to you for long.  Also, if you don’t actually want something, you will be able to feel that internally.  The key to all of this is feeling.  I’ll try to work on explaining that part better later.

Kol Drake
    Quote:
    The secret is based on Abraham Hicks teachings.  They’ve been doing this for 20+ years now, the Secret was just an attempt by someone else to bring the basics to more people.

Sorry Jax but ‘The Secret’ may appear to be ‘based on the Abraham Hicks’ material but… ‘the secret philosophy’ was published a number of times long before Mizz Hicks started her channeling. 

In truth, “The Secret” was never a secret at all. Books like As a Man Thinketh by James Allen color=red]1902[/color and The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel color=red]1912[/color covered the same ground (and covered it more thoroughly) long before The Secret became a self-help phenomenon. Rhonda Byrne, producer of The Secret, didn’t hide the fact that the inspiration for the movie came from reading a book by Wallace D. Wattles called The Science of Getting Rich, which was first published in 1910. The so-called secret has been popular, well-known, and easily accessible to everyone for far longer than anyone reading this bit has been alive.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here