• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pelar
    Participant

Hello,

My (user)name’s Pelar, and I’m an active member at the Force Academy.

In addition to being a member of the Shadow aspect and a follower of a fascinating (I think) personal path, I’m also a student of Social Anthropology and Environmental Studies at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

I’m currently working on my final BA paper – on the subject of Jedi identities online. So far I must say I’m finding this website to be a great example, and wanted to ask if you’d (anyone) be interested in giving a short interview, either via skype or by any other messaging system. I need only a couple more interviews, as the scope of this paper is limited, and I do prefer to talk to members who consider the Jedi to be an important influence on their identity.

I promise (as I’ve done with others who were kind enough to agree before) to present you with the final paper – even if it means I’ll have to translate it (I might be forced to write it in Hebrew). I also want to assure you that the paper’s intent isn’t to judge Jediism/Jedi Realism/any other form of Jedi identity, but rather to examine the process by which these identities emerged and how they influence the people carrying them.

Anyone up for a talk?

Pelar (Ariel)

P.S
    You can either reply here, at the FA (I might see it sooner there), or reach me through my email address: ariel.appel@gmail.com

Setanaoko
    Participant

Pelar is a good friend of mine, I sincerely hope that a couple of you will take the time to help him out on his project. :)

*hugs Pelar* ^^  Good to see you.  With some luck you might join in on some of the discussions here. :D

Brandel Valico
    Participant

I was about to offer myself up. Then I noticed this line

Quote:
    I also want to assure you that the paper’s intent isn’t to judge Jediism/Jedi Realism/any other form of Jedi identity, but rather to examine the process by which these identities emerged and how they influence the people carrying them.

It seemed to say Pelor was looking for those whom have separate Jedi Identities. To me my name on-line is just a handle. It’s not a separate identity  that influences me nor did it emerge.

As such I’ll need further clarification before even considering this. As it seems to imply several studies in Psychology concerning split personalities.

Jax
    Keymaster

I’m pretty sure he means how you came to be a Jedi vs something else.  Not that it’s separate from who you are, but how you came to call yourself Jedi. 

Setanaoko
    Participant

*smirks* No, definently not a study on split personalities.

Jax has the right idea.  :)

Angelus

I am definitely interested in this project.

Pelar
    Participant

Thanks Ally =)

Brandel – By “Jedi identity” I don’t mean your username, or that it’s a separate identity from your RL one – but rather I refer to the place “Jedi” has within your personal image of yourself.
    I’m not a psychologist, so I’ve got nothing to do with clinical concepts of multiple-personalities and how they affect each other. As a social anthropologist I’m interested in your own perceptions of yourself and of your surroundings. The processes I mentioned are either the process by which you’ve gained a “Jedi”-ish identity (how you became) and how it influenced your life, or the more general process of how the term “Jedi” as a real identity option came to be.

Brandel Valico
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification. I’ll give it some serious consideration then.  :meditate

Anonymous

I don’t have Skype but I have GoogleTalk…

Perhaps you’d like to submit questions for us to answer?  (I’ve done that for a few other students who needed a “subject”  ;))

– AstaSophi

Pelar
    Participant

lol. That would be SO much easier for me =) .

I’m limited however by the demands put down by my supervising professor… I’m already pushing it by conducting an online research, and by having some of the interviews done via text-based chat instead of the ideal in-person meetings.

There’s ups and downs for every method, and I might eventually do just what you propose, but for now I’m still trying to satisfy those academical demands.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here