• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jadyn
    Participant

Hi.  ;D

I’m Jadyn, a 22 year old lass from England. I just found my way over here through the link from the academy. I’ve been following the Jedi path for a while now, but I’m new here so I’m hoping for some nice warms welcomes. ^-^

I’m going to keep it short for once, (I tend to ramble a lot… you’ll see) and just say that I’m glad to be here and that I’m hoping I can stick around for a while and get to know a few people.

Look forward to talking to you all.

Jade.

Aslyn
    Participant

How very interesting. I wasn’t aware there were other English Jedi of my age running around. Older, perhaps, younger, certainly, but never quite of the same age. Anyway, hoping for a warm welcome, you shall receive one. I hope you find your time here to be, at the least, informative.

Alex

Beral Khan
    Participant

Greetings from the Middle of the United States!  My wife and I are Anglophiles and simply love British culture and food (to some degree) as well as the Tele!  (Doctor Who, Torchwood, coupling, Primevil, Ground Force, What not to wear, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Graham Norton… I could go on!)

I love Jelly Babies, but Irn Bru isn’t so good to me.

Hope to chat later!

Cheers!

Jax
    Keymaster

Welcome!  It would be quite nice if you and Aslyn could meet up some time in real life.  It’s certainly interesting to meet people offline too.  :-)

Jadyn
    Participant

Heh, thanks guys. ^-^

Beral Khan… Doctor Who and Torchwood are top of my list… I am going to miss them on TV when I move later in the year. I have friends sworn to tape them for me then send the dvd’s across so I don’t miss anything. Sad I know… lol England has it benefits I guess.

Asyln, nice to meet you. ^-^ I never seem to spot a great deal of UK Jedi around either. And as you say, those my age? Few and far between. But then maybe I’m just not looking hard enough? I’ve come across a few older than me.

Jax, you’re suggestion there though… that might not be a bad idea. Problem is that I’m leaving in under two months for Australia… Ah well.

Thanks for the welcomes peoples.  ;D

Jax
    Keymaster

Then you should see if you can’t meet up before you leave.  It’s not easy for the international folks to make gatherings, due to the cost of travel, so take advantage of the situation.  :-)  And then when you’re in Australia you’ll have to try to meet up with Inari.  I know she’d love to feel like she isn’t the only Jedi in australia.  I joke around and say she’s the grandmaster of Australian Jedi.  Rawr!  :-D

Aslyn
    Participant

I don’t run the UK Chapter for nothing, you know, Jackie ;)

Jadyn, the simple answer to that is because there aren’t that many. Or rather, there are an awful lot of supposedly ‘declared’ Jedi Realists in the UK, but maybe 8 or 9 that I could name that would ever be considered serious practitioners – and half of those are younger than twenty. Disturbing, admittedly, but probably a good thing, since they’re at a good point to direct their future development.

But since you’re moving to Australia, you might wish to give Sandra (Inari) a bell – she’s also an Aussie, so if you find yourselves in a similar locality, you should meet up while you have the chance.

Jadyn
    Participant

Heh. Wow… lol. Its already on my list of things to do once I get settled over there. ^-^ I take it there aren’t that many Jedi in australia then? lol.

Its about time I got round to making offline contacts. As you say it has its own benefits. These next two months are going to be fairly hectic for me, but it would be a welcome break from all of the stress of this; I would be interested in meeting over here before I go. Small window… two months, maybe less…

Aslyn
    Participant

It might help if we establish where you happen to be, precisely. What’s your general locality?

Jadyn
    Participant

Ah yes.. that might help.  :D I’m up around the Tyne and Wear area. One of these days I will remember to screw my head on straight lol. It also might be better to discuss this via PM or e-mail, save attacking the boards; feel free if you want to. My details are (should be) in my profile.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here