• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

I haven’t told anybody. I won’t until I move out of my mom’s house. She is very against any spirtual path that she doesn’t know about. Even if I explain it to her she just doesn’t listen. As for my friends. They would just laugh and say yeah right.

Jax
    Keymaster

Any idea why she is against it, or how she could be brought to understand enough to allow you the freedom to practice?

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

No, she is a very strange person. She thinks that alot of things could “harm” me. She thinks in a very Christian perspective…Which is funny…she is a lesbian…

Jax
    Keymaster

Everyone has their own fears and beliefs that may not make any sense at all to the outsider.  But, I ask because we would like to work on a document that can be shared with parents to ease their concerns.  No one is here to intentionally harm students, nor are we trying to get you to believe what we believe.  It would be nice if we could get reluctant parents to at least see that we are not dangerous to their children. 

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

That would be very nice. I think one of the main things you should emphasize straight from the start is that this is not just some big practicle joke.

Jax
    Keymaster

Very true.  We aren’t a joke, we aren’t a cult, and this is very normal real life stuff that we’re dealing with.  It’s definitely something on the todo list.  Though if any students want to help out with this, let me know. 

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

Alright. Ah yes. The cult thing. Alot of people just like to slap the lable cult on things they don’t understand.

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

Whoo! I am no longer a n00b!

Jax
    Keymaster

lol  yeah

I was raised in a conservative Lutheran church.  thankfully I had enough sense of mind to not accept everything as being an evil cult.  They certainly tried to convince me of it though.  Unfortunately, that does leave behind some wierd issues that need to be addressed in time.  But I am confident we are not a cult ;-)

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

Yeah, A cult by definition has a leader that is seen as a superior being.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here