• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Beral Khan
    Participant

Just wanted to say hello and I hope to get to meet you all on line and at the Academy.

Jax
    Keymaster

Hello Beral, and welcome.  :-)

Aslyn
    Participant

Welcome, Beral.

I have to say, your first homework assignment made for interesting reading. And submitted early, too! That much is certainly a good sign.

Beral Khan
    Participant

Why, thank you. I have several more homework assignements done… Just didnt know if posting them early in the other forums was good or bad form. *shrug*

Aslyn
    Participant

I like the enthusiasm, certainly. As I said, it’s a good sign, although whether it indicates determination, dedication or a simple excess of available time and energy, I can’t say for certain. May I ask what pieces of homework you have completed?

Beral Khan
    Participant

of course you can! First of all, I do have free time at work… sometimes quite a bit of it, so I have taken the time to print off all available novice 101 and have worked through the first 2 weeks classes.

Adept 101
    Lecture 1 summary
    AND I HAVE A QUESTION about Adept 101 Assignment 1.  It appears to be asking for the exact same thing as “Why Jedi?”  Have I misunderstood something there?

Meditation 101
    Exercise 1- Breathing (also started yoga yesterday)
    Research Assignment 1

Personal 101
    Intitial Thoughts
    Exercise 1- Self Perception

All of these are on paper at this time.  I will put them on my PC when I get home, probably do it tomorrow as I have been informed we have an out of town guest who wants sushi tonight. :)

Aslyn
    Participant

For the purposes of Adept 101, you may simply find it to be a test of your consistency, when the question is somewhat rephrased ;) But that’s merely my take on matters.

As the PD 101 instructor, if you wish me to review your homework prior to the mandatory submission date, you can always e-mail it to me, and we can then discuss it beforehand, and use that for our analysis. I tend to run an open course, wherein possible :)

Jax
    Keymaster

Beral, enthusiasm is fine.  However, you also need to make sure that you’re putting the appropriate time and thought into each assignment.  Also, I’m not 100% sure that all of the adept lectures are in their final edit stage.  Therefore, please do not work any farther ahead.  If you are zipping through a lecture a day, there isn’t much time to absorb what you’re reading, or to think deeply about it.  Now, as far as Aslyn’s course, his pacing is up to him.  But for Meditation, I don’t want anyone going faster than is already setup.  though that would make it pretty impossible to do the assignments, since they are for a week of practice.  ;-) 

Any specific questions you have about courses should be asked in that class’s forum.  For example, adept 101 has a discussion area under the first week.  That is where you should ask your question.  Make more sense?

Beral Khan
    Participant

I find that course to be the most… revealing.  Ya know, in that “I’m feeling naked” sort of way.   I enjoyed doing the exercise and will look to send it to you within the week.  I look forward to seeing where I am at the end of this term.  I’ve not had homework in… well.. a long time. lol.  I must close up shop here and go home. I will check the boards before I sleep tonight.

Nice to meet you.. Alex isn’t it?  That’s a part of one of my son’s name: Alexander.

Talk to you soon.

EDIT:

Head Master/Mistress Jax,

I understand and concur.  I am really only in the 2nd week’s work.  And I do wish to get the most out of this experience.  I will take your words under advisement and relax with some more breathing exercise. :)  (thank you.)
    BK

Aslyn
    Participant

Well, I’m glad you find it to be somewhat illuminating. And, in my experience, it’s only when a person feels vulnerable that they can truly find it within themselves to be accepting of that which they perceive to be their weaknesses and, of course, to build upon those strengths that perhaps best define them. So, maybe by the end of the course, you might have an understanding of some of these for yourself, and you can then work out what you intend to do with that knowledge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here