• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TJ Stefan
    Participant

Hi guys. I’m Stefan and decided to join the forum because it seems to be one of the more active and resourceful sites relevant to Jedi Realism on the web.

Furthermore I would also like to engage in the teachings that have been devised over the years to develop my knowledge of what is quite clearly a broad subject. Just as an initial query, does your teaching encompass influences such as Daoism or Buddhism separately or are these integrated as one into the learning process?

Jedi_Phoenix

Welcome Stefan! Please make yourself at home, and if you are interested in becoming a student, please follow the instructions here: http://instituteforjedirealiststudies.org/smf/index.php?topic=1357.0

After submitting your student application, it will need to be reviewed and then you can download the introduction workbook and begin there.  As far as Daoism and Buddhism; we don’t have any specific classes covering those (yet) but many of the faculty and students here have dabbed in those philosophies I’m sure…so if you make a post or ask around I’m sure somebody would be willing to answer any and all questions you have.

Enjoy your stay at the institute!
    Phoenix

Jax
    Keymaster

Welcome! Yes, influences are present throughout, but how apparent it is depends on the class.  Meditation has some Buddhist specific teachings on meditation for instance.  You’ll find there are discussions on these philosophies on the forum, and you are encouraged to start your own as well. 

Atticus

Welcome, Stefan.  I hope you find what you are looking for here.

We don’t have separate and distinct courses for the philosophies you mentioned, but I think you’ll find that they are integrated as necessary, and to a degree depending upon the subject and the instructor.  For example, I studied the Tao pretty intently during the Force 101 course, and it was very helpful for me to discover my own concept of what the Force is and how it works — it’s not the same as the Tao by any means, but I believe there are some conceptual similarities.  But that study was my choice; I had several options for research on that assignment, the Tao being only one of them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here