Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Shadowdragon
    Participant

Although, it has been awhile since I went to school. I might find I do not enjoy it any more. I am trying to learn herbs on my own.

Jax
    Keymaster

I find my tolerance for school is low now. Though it’s more that I’m so busy I don’t have time to fit it in, so the thought of homework is awful.

On another note, I can now add author to my list of things, as if I needed more things. lol I’ll have a post about all this before long. But it’s more important to write a few hundred works on my work in progress first.

Shadowdragon
    Participant

I am going to try to go part time in winter quarter. I enjoy learning and research. Lol, I have been told I am weird that way. I am looking forward to classes with you all.

Onllwyn
    Participant

I wear a couple of hats.

I’m the Client Solutions Manager for a magazine printing company. I oversee a marketing group that brings digital solutions to traditional publishers.

I also own a videography and photography company, specializing in images for businesses.

I also help my clients out in other areas including graphic design, website design, marketing consultation and more.

In my spare time, I’m a husband and father.

Shadowdragon
    Participant

Nice to meet you.

Kol Drake

Wait… you have spare time!?!?!?!

Shadowdragon
    Participant

What an idea!

Jax
    Keymaster

I’m looking forward to meeting Onllwyn in 12 hours! We both live in the same metro area and are going to do a little networking. :-)

TarynGurnta
    Participant

Now that I’ve read a bit about all of you…

My dream job as a kid was to be a Colonial reenactor at Historic Williamsburg. I’d still love that, but I think I’d go for ren faire performer instead.

I was a junior docent at my local living history museum as a young adolescent, got my first “real job” as a barista as a teenager, and continued that when I was home for breaks from university. I got a BA in Spanish, taught English as a foreign language in South America for a semester, and hoped to be a contact for immigrants to help with immigration paperwork, learning English, navigating a new place, finding resources for any help needed, etc. Life happened, and I cooked in a health food store’s cafe, helped my uncle open a restaurant, and worked grocery for a while, then spent a couple years at the state vital records office. That was the closest I got to my “dream job,” being able to help non-English speakers get their kids’ birth certificates straightened out. I went back to barista work for a brief stint when my oldest was an infant, but now I am a full-time parent, homeschool educator, and babysit friends’ kids to help make ends meet.

Kol Drake

Are you considering teaching your kids to be bi-lingual?
    These days, it comes in handy for many jobs.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here