• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    fezzik092
    Participant

When going through the Force Exercise portion of the Introductory Course, I tested highest in Emotional, with Mental being a close second. Both Kol Drake and Yoshio reccomended I try all the different guided meditations until I find one that fits.

So this week, I’m starting with the Lighthouse meditation as that was the one recommended. So far, with two days in, I seem to keep losing focus right at the same point, right after the dark emotions have been recycled into positive energy, and regain focus again when it starts talking about asking for guidance. I don’t know if that is significant, but I will see if it continues.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

fezzik092
    Participant

During today’s practice, I was able to maintain focus during the portion of the Lighthouse that has previously given me issues. However, at the end of the meditation, I experienced the sensation of my hands and arms feeling abnormally heavy. As a relative novice to meditation, I don’t know if that’s normal or not.

Kol Drake

As one learns to mediate, one may find any number of ‘odd sensations’ popping up during or even after a session. And, not every session means you are becoming soul-stuff ‘light as a feather’. Instead, your body will be trying to figure out what is happening as you learn to relax and let go of ‘stuff’. These sensations are “normal” in the sense that you observe them and let them go. Do not get attached to them or chase them in your meditation — just observe and let go — like you should treat anything (thoughts, sensations, optical effects, etc.) that arises during meditation.

fezzik092
    Participant

Tonight was especially stressful at work. Not to go into to many details, but a project that would usually only take me up to 30 minutes ended up taking 6 hours, and an unknown caller kept calling back to back making very obscene comments. Last week I watched a video with a Jedi Code based breathing practice (https://youtu.be/auvw82Fr_MA) and encorporated it into work, which really helped me stay grounded. Things that normally would have caused me to get frustrated with the residents rolled off much easier. I know a breathing exercise is not exactly meditation, but fits in here, I think.

(http://wp.me/p8d02d-k)

Yoshio

Breathing exercises are a very good sort of first step into meditation and are often part of it.
    Besides that, what actually is meditation or can be considered as meditation? I once read that everything what we do focused and in full consciousness can be seen as meditation. So even doing your dishes can become a meditative practice. ;)

fezzik092
    Participant

Just a few brief updates:

First, I have been using some of Insight Timer’s guided sleep meditations to help me sleep (as opposed to falling asleep to Netflix. I have a hard time shutting off my brain, and need something to distract me so I can sleep). Since then, I have been noticing that I’m sleeping deeper, and I’m feeling less tired during the day.

Second, I’m into my second week of routine meditation practice, and so have moved on to the Mental Intuitive “Bubbles of Light” meditation. I do not feel as fulfilled from this one as I do at the end of the Lighthouse, but I will give it time to grow on me, as the Lighthouse did give me some concentration issues at the start, but then I grew to really enjoy it.

Finally, I have begun including alot of my regular visualizations in the same mental plane (if that’s a good way to phrase it), so the Lighthouse, the rock pools and grove of trees (from one of the sleep meditations), and the open field of wild flowers (from the Bubbles of Light meditation) are all connected in a shared space that has kind of become my “happy place.” I can easily get from one to the other if needed without breaking concentration, because they all exist together.

Baru
    Participant

I feel that meditation is the key to the door of the Force. There are many practices that a Jedi can do, but I feel that meditating is the one I want to do more of.

fezzik092
    Participant

Beginning week 3, I began the Spiritual Intuitive, Enlightened Body meditation. I connected to this one easier than the bubbles of light, but still not as well as the Lighthouse. I will continue this one for the next week.

Also, I have had a Binaural Beats app on my phone for a while, but had never thought to include it in my practice. I began to do so today, using a Theta Waves (4-7 Hz frequency) beat that is supposed to be good for “deep meditation” (along with lucid dreaming an NREM sleep). I was able to enter a deeper state much quicker using this frequency.

Baru
    Participant

I enjoy using binaural beats as well.

fezzik092
    Participant

During my practice today, I felt what I can only describe as a ‘disturbance in the Force.’ As I was meditating, I felt drawn away (spiritually) from where I was (physically). I felt drawn to a good friend of mine, and had the overwhelming sense that he was in distress at work, and was about to make a decision he would regret. I sent positive energies his way and prayed for him until I felt the sensation pass. After my practice time was up, I texted him, to see it everything was okay. He said that he was having problems at work and almost quit his job. I had never had an experience like that before.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here