• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

This is an excerpt from my personal blog. 

Today I went for a run.  After I returned, recovered, and Carrie woke up, she told me that T (spirit guide/guard) went on my run with me because there was a bad man in the area.  It turns out there’s a sexual predator who’s been staking out the area.  His guide told T and Leah because he didn’t want to see anything happen to Carrie (what a nice guide he has).  The guy hasn’t done anything at this point, and apparently is still in that decision making stage, thus there isn’t much to do about it.  Apparently someone else noticed him, and that’s why we’ve had cops here a lot lately.  He’s also quite close to just giving up and making the right decision.

Hearing about this put me in a weird position.  As a Marine and as a Jedi I’m expected to do…something.  And even if there’s nothing I can do, that decision should be made because it’s the right choice for the situation, and not because I’m afraid of harm.  One thing I could do is go for a walk after work and make it obvious that I’m watching for him.  It’s possible that I might see him, and I could just tell him that he can still make the right choice, but I don’t really know who he is.  Conveniently, the offender registry site has horrible pictures so you can’t actually get a good idea of who the guy is.  I don’t see myself talking to random people.  So the only realistic thing I can do is patrol basically, which still puts me at risk somewhat.  Carrie calls it a healthy self preservation instinct, but I wish I didn’t have that concern.  I wish I could just do the right thing without fear, but I know that’s just an illusion anyway – action without fear.  There’s just this expectation that doing the right thing comes easily to Marines – 233 years of expectations.  So, tomorrow I’ll go for a walk around the complex for 20 minutes instead of jogging (since it’s too cold for my lungs anyway).  I’ll wear my cammie blouse so it’s a little more obvious not to mess with me, and hopefully it’ll be enough to push him over that edge and give up this idea and head home. 

The other thing I was thinking is that this would be straightforward in the movies.  In the movies, the hero always has the law on their side, not to mention a badass weapon.  Hell, in Star Wars I could just walk up with my handy lightsaber and do a mind trick if necessary.  lol I better get to work on inventing that. ;-)

So that’s a little internal dialog for you.  Have you ever been in a similar situation?  What if you were in this situation?  Discussion on either point is welcome.  I’m not looking for advice, just looking to kickstart some discussion since I really don’t think there is much I can do besides be a friendly neighborhood watch person.  :-)

Rekoj
    Participant

I’m surprised no one has replied to this yet.

I agree with your assessment.  Make your presence known, keep your eyes open, and see if you can scare him off.  Sadly, if he moves on, it’s possible he’ll find other victims somewhere else.  I guess that’s where the mind trick would come in handy :D

Jax
    Keymaster

He did end up leaving, without anything happening that I’m aware of.  Hopefully this is a permanent change and this person has changed their life around.  It has to happen relatively frequently after all, if you start to think of how many people are raped and such.  Logically there have to be a lot of people who did some things that weren’t right but that they stopped doing.  Of course there are those who don’t stop… just trying to see another side to this all.

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

I’m glad the guy left.  I wasn’t sure what I’d do in Jax’ shoes, but the thing that bothered me was that the guide felt it necessary to go with her.  Thus I didn’t like the idea of Jax trying to interact with this person, because if that were no problem, why the concern of the guide?  But then I don’t know everything there is to know about the situation either.

Jax
    Keymaster

Mags, initially I had no idea of the situation.  I went out for my run without knowing there was a possible situation, and that is when I was shadowed by the guide.  But, afterwards we had some discussions and they didn’t send me out – it was my decision.  But, they also felt I could handle it if necessary.  I am trained in self defense, multiple styles of martial arts, and I’m a Marine.  The guy didn’t have a weapon and doesn’t have any training, so there was minimal risk to my safety in theory.  ;-)  Before knowing, however, it’s possible I could have been a target after my run, when I would have been tired, hence the shadow.  I’m sure adrenaline would have kicked in, but they wanted to be sure. 

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

Yeah, I was sort of thinking along the same lines, that you are probably well enough trained.  But still it kind of bothered me because you never know.  In any case, I’m glad to hear the guy left. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here