• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kol Drake

An oldy but goody.  In the late 60s and early 70’s, there was a re-printing of the original Doc Savage, Man of Bronze pulp stories as well as The Shadow… both with some killer cover art.  I gobbled up both series.   Tonight (or this morning), I was reading some fan fiction based on comics I used to read crossed with a character ‘derived from’ the good Doctor.

1933 — Doc was cool before cool. He was Sherlock Holmes and a mystic, genius and man of action;  even had his own ‘Fortress of Solitude’ before there was ever a first issue of Superman.  He was a detective AND had amazing gadgets he would create so, he was out doing Batman before he was Batman.  

Doc_Bama1.jpg

Why bring it up AND why have it in this section?

I ran up on their old ‘motto’ / creed… and it sounded like something we’ve hashed out at the IJRS.
    Gotta love well written pulp stories.   (( I am an HP Lovecraft fan too… but only read his stuff during the day! ))

Quote:
    Let me strive every moment of my life, to make myself better and better,
    to the best of my ability, that all may profit by it.
    Let me think of the right and lend all my assistance to those who need it,
    with no regard for anything but justice.
    Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
    Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens and my associates in everything I say and do.
    Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.

Not a bad way to live…. even if we aren’t pulp.

Loremaster
    Participant

Cool post, Kol.  I remember both those series, but unlike you, I didn’t get into them really until college in the late 80s.  Killer quote by the way.  I am saving that.  It is something we can all aspire to. 

Yoshio

I don’t know this but I do like the quote! Thank You for posting!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here