• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I was looking for an online questionnaire that says what a person’s distribution of elements is when I found one at the National Qigong Association, or NQA.  You can access it at http://wiki.nqa.org/1209  It’s a pretty good questionnaire, with a 5 point scale rather than just yes or no available for answers.  Why not head on over and see what you end up as?  It may not be very insightful right now, without a knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine, but I’ll try to find another site for that. 

Jax
    Keymaster

Here are my results for now.  Metal hasn’t been my dominant with other questionnaires I’ve taken, so that was a bit of a surprise.  However, water is typically dominant.  Nor is it a surprise to have fire be my least dominant.  I’ll have to look into this some more.

Before looking at your results its worth taking a breath and considering the significance of the numbers.

Often a phase [or phases] will be negative. This is OK. Having a negative number MEANS NOTHING IN ITSELF. We are all a mixture of these phases. The significant aspect of these results rests in the relative spread of the numbers.

The closer the numbers cluster together the more balanced you are. More than 20 points between the highest and lowest number indicates imbalance. How to move toward greater balance is addressed below and reflects the depth of chinese Five Element Theory.
    Your Assessment
    Metal: 15
    Water: 13
    Earth: 11
    Wood: 7
    Fire: -3

Icarus
    Participant

Great…. I’m an imbalanced piece of wood. :P

Your Assessment
    Wood: 36
    Metal: 28
    Water: 12
    Fire: 10
    Earth: 10

Wood is your dominant phase. The difference between your Wood and Earth values indicates that you have an energetic imbalance.

With only a rudimentary knowledge of the constructive and destructive 5 phase cycles you can be creative in finding personalized cures by weakening that which is too strong and strengthening that which is too weak. Hopefully you will find this a useful addition to your present techniques of helping yourself.

Jax
    Keymaster

Hahah, holy cow!  lol  You are clearly more decisive than I am, willing to choose the big + when I chose a lot more small +, which corresponds to a +2 vs +1 I bet.  :-)

Innocence_Lost
    Participant

Your Assessment
    Fire: 8
    Earth: 1
    Water: 0
    Metal: -13
    Wood: -19

WOW, i got the lowest number yet. lol, now what does this mean?

Jax
    Keymaster

It means you need some balance :-)  At some point you’ll be able to take a course that will help you understand this, and until then we’ll try to get a little more information together.  Unfortunately, everyone who knows more is quite busy lol

One thing you can do is read a book called Between Heaven and Earth, which is a pretty good introduction to traditional chinese medicine.  :-)

Loremaster
    Participant

Your Assessment
    Water: 17
    Metal: 17
    Fire: 10
    Earth: 6
    Wood: -2

Water is your dominant phase.

With only a rudimentary knowledge of the constructive and destructive 5 phase cycles you can be creative in finding personalized cures by weakening that which is too strong and strengthening that which is too weak. Hopefully you will find this a useful addition to your present techniques of helping yourself.

THE CONSTRUCTIVE CYCLES OF NATURE:
    Water creates/becomes Wood
    Wood creates/becomes Fire
    Fire creates/becomes Earth
    Earth creates/becomes Metal
    Metal creates/becomes Water

THE DESTRUCTIVE CYCLES OF NATURE:
    Water destroys Fire
    Fire destroys Metal
    Metal destroys Wood
    Wood destroys Earth
    Earth destroys Water

I was surprised by this, but hope it’s a good reading.

Loremaster

inari
    Participant

Your Assessment
    Water: 28
    Metal: 6
    Wood: 4
    Fire: -11
    Earth: -22

I’ve taken other tests (as I’m studying TCM) my usual score has water and wood fairly even, then metal, then fire and earth.

Kol Drake

Your Assessment

Water: 4
    Earth: -3
    Wood: -8
    Fire: -11
    Metal: -15

Water is your dominant phase.

:P  I wanna know who Icarus paid to get all those high numbers!!!

Ares1982
    Participant

Your Assessment

Earth: 15
    Water: 8
    Fire: 1
    Metal: 1
    Wood: -1

Earth is your dominant phase.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here