• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

This may interest some of you. The idea of Time & Space as it has been taught to us is the very one dimensional compared to what is being discovered by the “New Physics”. I by no means class myself as an expert however I also know that we have little idea of the types of advancements which are being made in science, until long after they are made.

Jax, I understand that this is only loosely connected to the topic posted. However it shows that the channelled info could very well be on the mark.

http://divinecosmos.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=30

:rebel

Jax
    Keymaster

(decided to split this because it deserves it’s own thread)

Benjamin, I am very iffy with things like that.  I have to follow my gut, and have had discussions with guides regarding claims of science and spirituality proving each other.  I’m not overly fond of people using ‘new science’ to prove spiritual concepts, for a few reason.  First, there are few scientists who understand the edges of science, and most people seem to be just taking their understanding from one or two people who extend philosophical claims – basically creating a spiritual telephone game.  Considering how few people actually provide references and cite the research they claim, it really weakens these claims.

This ratio, which I believe is supposed to be the golden ratio, can easily be cited if the person puts in the effort.  However, I find it interesting that so much attention is paid to it.  I mean, there are lots of fascinating numbers and ratios.  People have latched onto this one, why?  Because it shows up in nature?  Pi shows up in nature too, in every circle.  lol  Maybe it’s not used as much as this one is, but humans latch on to things for all sorts of reasons.

All that being said, that doesn’t mean this article isn’t true.  It doesn’t resonate with me, initially, but it could be writing and presentation style more than content, you know?  :-)  Perhaps if I had time to research the concepts in it, I might find it feels better.  I’ve just spent a lot of time lately reading about science and intuition but with more scientific rigor than this article.  I don’t want my opinions to turn people off though.  Everyone needs to follow their own intuition.  We are all presented information in ways that works for our level of understanding.  Inari and I have had plenty of disagreements on books that I found useful but she found grating in their presentation.  No harm.  ;-)

Perhaps I missed something as well, feel free to share other links, articles, whatever.  Might just need to read other articles on the website as well.   :meditate

Benjamin
    Participant

I have had many disagreements with my farther in-law who is all about pure science & has no spiritual following at all. I can’t say I have much of an idea about physics & the brain gymnastics I having with your thesis shows I am humbled by your knowledge. ;)

I do think though it is high time science and spiritualty began a hand in hand relationship.
    I also am very careful about latching my beliefs onto pseudo science as I understand there are many people out there who have a vested $ interest in selling there so called discoveries. I posted the link only because I found I had read it the night before I read your post. Felt it might fit.

No Harm intended, funny thing was as I drove my wife to work I thought I should have made an, “I make the disclaimer: I do not subscribe or place my name to the beliefs in this article clause.

As I have said, I am here to learn. :) :meditate

Jax
    Keymaster

There needs to be a balance between the two.  The thing is, Reality itself doesn’t change, so either spirituality and science will agree, or they will realize the limits of each explanation. 

If spirituality is going to use science, it has to be good science.  Of course, good science can be a bit subjective as well.

And please don’t be humbled by my science knowledge.  Writing a thesis is a practice in bs.  lol There’s far less understanding than it sounds like.  But the ad astra site should be a little more palatable.  :-)

Benjamin
    Participant

Perhaps we should have made this post A Discussion on Science and Spirituality, Are the Two Compatible?

I actually believe over time science will begin to prove many of the beliefs found in esoteric teaching. For example 50 years ago very few Dr’s or Physios would not have even dreamt about using acupuncture as a viable treatment, and yet more and more now see it as a reliable way to treat patients for a variety of problems. What was once a belief system is now science. Even hypnosis is used in many medical forums today.

Surely as we head toward greater discoveries about the deeper universe some of the ideas of “universal energy” etc may soon become plausible science, even for the most hardened atheist. I feel that humanity is drifting toward a time where these answers will begin to present themselves to the main stream & this inturn will push science in directions it may not have gone before.

I also believe when it comes to reality, our understanding of what is real is forever changing depending where we are up to in our scientific discovery time line.

WOW this is stimulating

Cheers Jax 8)

Stryse
    Participant
    Quote:
    Perhaps we should have made this post A Discussion on Science and Spirituality, Are the Two Compatible?

I actually believe over time science will begin to prove many of the beliefs found in esoteric teaching. For example 50 years ago very few Dr’s or Physios would not have even dreamt about using acupuncture as a viable treatment, and yet more and more now see it as a reliable way to treat patients for a variety of problems. What was once a belief system is now science. Even hypnosis is used in many medical forums today.

Surely as we head toward greater discoveries about the deeper universe some of the ideas of “universal energy” etc may soon become plausible science, even for the most hardened atheist. I feel that humanity is drifting toward a time where these answers will begin to present themselves to the main stream & this inturn will push science in directions it may not have gone before.

I also believe when it comes to reality, our understanding of what is real is forever changing depending where we are up to in our scientific discovery time line.

WOW this is stimulating

Cheers Jax 8)

Old topic, I know, but my take on Science vs. Religion (ie: Spritiuality) is this:

Both seek to understand both the universe and our place in it, but each asks a different question.

Science is concerned more with How and Religion/Spirituality more with Why.

To answer Why we need to move away from strict-science and into philosophical arenas, and I would hope that the answers we come up to for Why are scientifically sound.

To answer How, we need to move away from strict-philosophy and turn to science.

Both lead to gnosis, but take different approaches, and both approaches are necessary to give one a more complete picture.

Jax
    Keymaster

And when our world ceases to be so violently polarized we’ll make great leaps in both science and spirit.

(no worries about old threads, bring them back up, they’re rarely irrelevant)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here