• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peaceful Warrior
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed 2 books on the bookstore, Dharma of Star Wars and Star Wars & Philosophy.  I am collecting the books from the bookshop today and wondered if anyone has read them and if they had any comments they would like to share.

I also note that there has been a study group who covered Way of the Peaceful Warrior.  Would there be any interest in doing something similar with any of the 2 books above?

Regards,

David
    Peaceful Warrior (in training)

kes9880
    Participant

Yes i have read both.
    The Dharma of Star Wars i found to be excellent and very thought provoking for me.
    Star Wars and Philosophy was also very thought provoking.
    By that i mean that they make you question how you live your life, and how you view ‘life’

I would def’ recomend chapters 1-5 of both books!! :meditate

Icarus
    Participant

Dharma of Star Wars is a book that I would recommend to people first starting out on this path, or for people that are fans of the fiction that are also interested in following their own dharma…

It seemed a bit elementary to me, though it has some good points in it. It reads almost like a term paper where the student needed to use filler to make the page requirement to get the grade. I liked the book, don’t get me wrong, but it is a bit simple. Bear that in mind if you are looking for something a bit more “deep.”

Peaceful Warrior
    Participant

Thank you for your comments.  From what you say it will be better to read “Dharma” first and then move on to “Philosphy”.

If anyone else has read these books please add your comments.

Regards,

David
    Peaceful Warrior (in training)

kes9880
    Participant

I have also read Dharma and Philiosophy and I think that they are both excellent books.
    I would def begin with Dharma as, for me, it really got me thinking on the topics covered and you may find yourself reading the chapters more than once!

Philiosphy I found to be more indepth and ‘deep’ than Dharma; and I saw Dharma to be a nice prequal to Philiosophy.

Great books….and very very highly recommended  ;D

Jedi_Phoenix

My opinion is that anything and all should be read so that way we keep an open mind..no matter how elementary. 

However I noticed by your screen name you have taken an interest in the Peaceful Warrior, and you might honestly find the information in those two books a bit trivial.  If I could some how put it on a system: Those first two books would be elementary school and Peaceful Warrior would be high school.

Rather, I would recommened something like the books Neale Donald Walsch writes.  I believe his best books are posted in another thread already. 

Anyyways, thats just my opinion. Enjoy those books!!!

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

I read “Dharma of Star Wars” and loved it.  Was a great book for getting an overall understanding of Buddism.

I have never read “Peaceful Warrior”, but I have had friends recommend it.  So some day I will probably read that one.

Peaceful Warrior
    Participant

Jedi Phoenix,

My long awaited reply to your input.  Having read both the Star Wars books mentioned in my earlier posts I agree with your assessment and have also taken your recommendation and read the Converstation With God series and also watched the movie.  I continue to refer to my Peaceful Warrior books, especially No Ordinary Moments.

Regards,

Peaceful Warrior

Jedi_Phoenix

Peaceful Warrior,

That’s awesome!!! Glad you found inspiration in those books.  I personally have not read No Ordinary Moments, but I have had it “quoted” on me before lol, so I’m sure it’s good.

And if you want, and to who ever else reads this, the study group is definitely up and running for Peaceful Warrior, so head on over there and contribute where ever you see fit.  Don’t be afraid to start a new topic either, whatever you feel comfortable with.

Again, glad you enjoyed the books Peaceful Warrior ;D

Peaceful Warrior
    Participant

I look forward to contributing as soon as I complete the organising of our annual Jobs & Training Fair which is held next week.

Peaceful Warrior

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here