• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Syris
    Participant

Hi guys. I am pretty new here. I just joined  like four or five days ago. I haven’t spent time on the forums yet because I have been busy doing doing the course work. You have to manage time.

I cheated and read through to the end of the introductory course book. I saw that you need some offline courses outside of what is offered here. That motivated me to start looking for classes in my area that sparked my interest. I have found desertlotusreiki.com. She is out of Texas and is seven hours away, so that is too far. However, she offers online classes with certificates of completion. She offers a few different classes like meditation and kuji-in along with reiki.

I posted this for a couple reasons…. 1. To offer a source for those who are interested in that type of thing, but have no teachers in the area. And 2. To see if anyone has any experience with such programs and how they worked out for them.

I love this site! Whew… talk about personal development!  :rebel

Jax
    Keymaster

Syris, did you contact her?  The wonderful thing about the Jedi community is that we have a few reiki master’s that are qualified to teach, including Eric who started an online class this last fall.  I have also learned a lot from Icarus (even though I haven’t practiced in ages).  So those are my recommendations because I personally know both of them and their abilities. 

Syris
    Participant

Yes I have contacted her. Truthfully I got bad vibes from her talking on Skype. Something just didn’t seem right. I had to follow my gut instinct and not pursue her as an instructor. I feel that a spiritual teacher should atleast try to be pure in a sense, and something just didn’t feel right. I don’t know how to describe it. I know there isn’t a “dark side”, but there are some who do sinister things, and I choose to avoid them.

I would love some more info on the contacts you mention. Time is tight right now, but things will get better. I would love to pursue reiki because I have spent my whole life training to hurt people. Although it has led me to be a better person, and I believe it is a good avenue in helping others to grow; I want to spend some time learning to heal people. I feel I need it to balance myself out. Chi Kung is another area of interest that I have, so let me know if you have any leads there also. Nice to hear from you Jax, and thanks a bunch.  :rebel-Syris

Jax
    Keymaster

Everyone has their darkness, but if your instinct is telling you to steer clear that’s the best decision.  In my opinion it’s more important to have a teacher that matches well when learning energy because you’re going to pick up on their energy.  But you have time to pick this up and find the right teacher.  The post from Eric is in the academy forum somewhere.  Drop him a message – he also trains aikido often so you might have some fun conversations. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here