• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I still haven’t done the ring technique.  Maybe this afternoon I can fit it in.

Last night I spent a loooong time meditating and playing with energy.  Carrie was on the phone, so I decided to try bouncing energy and doing the energy raising while trying to avoid being distracted.  It took a little longer to focus, but it did help.  Then I switched to energy raising, which I think I did for about 30 minutes.  Eventually I noticed an aching in my right wrist.  Since it didn’t go away I decided to try to make it feel better. 

First, I used my left hand and tried to sweep the energy out using a technique I just sort of made up 4 years ago.  Basically, I cup my hand and hold it over my arm.  Then, I imagine energy forming a circle along the middle finger.  It’s as if I made a think disk of energy that is large enough to pass through my arm.  Then, I take that and slowly move down my arm, pushing energy down my arm and out my fingers.  It’s amazing because I can feel the energy start to build up as soon as I start moving. 

Then I made a circle with my arms on each side of me and sent energy from my right hand, across to my left, and then circled through my body.  I figured this would help dissipate the energy rather than just draining it away from it.  I did that for a while and it seemed to help. 

I also spent some time playing around after I saw a vision of a cat (cheetah?) walking toward me.  It bared it’s teeth, but I didn’t feel anything – basically like watching tv.  But, then I realized maybe I could practice responding and imagined being a wolf and returning a growl.  As I sat there doing this I felt a strange sensation.  I can’t describe it well, but it’s something that I felt before.  In fact, while trying to describe it to myself I could only say “I remember this” but couldn’t remember when I previously experienced it.  Basically it felt as if my arms, chest and head were locked tight, like a wall.  Perhaps this was my brain trying to explain it, but I felt perhaps like I was actually the wolf, and my hands and chest were energetically shifting to be in that type of posture.  But it’s quite hard to explain.  I felt that to the upper part of my back and not through my whole body. 

Overall, I spent an hour and a half doing breathing and meditation of some sort.  I’ve never gone that long before.  Too bad I still couldn’t sleep!

inari
    Participant

That certainly is interesting, Jax. I’ll leave it to the shamans to comment, though.  :D

I haven’t actually read the new stuff you recently sent out, but since I had a dream I could remember for the first time in a week this morning, I thought I’d chronicle it.

I have’t been doing much more than breathing exercises over the last few days, and practicing Tai Chi. Most of my energy is going into getting my diploma finished as soon as I can.

The dream I had this morning had to do with stones, and chakras.
    I was in a very large, soullessly warehousey type store, along the lines of Officeworks or Best Buy. To my left were sloping wire racks of coloured stones, they were large, and lozenge shaped, in a variety of clear colours and sizes. I went fossicking around, trying to find stones I felt a connection with. I found a blue palm-sized one, a purple one, a green one. Then I thought I needed to find a white one and hunted around, started getting cross because I couldn’t find one, then realised that white wasn’t a chakra colour and I didn’t need it after all. I then had some vague thought about finding one for my mum, then the dream ended.

Jax
    Keymaster

interesting… do you have chakra stones?  perhaps you need to get some.

inari
    Participant

No, I don’t. Perhaps I do, though I’d have to review how to use them.

Icarus
    Participant

Ok, that numbers technique will be used for “time out” for the kiddos.

To me, it almost seemed like a self-hypnotism session, and I’m not sure that I liked it very much, but I can see it’s value in the “stilling of the mind” parts of this work.

Last night, I had a very uncomfortable dream where I was a child again, and I was cleaning the garage with my father. He was in a bad mood and was barking orders at me right and left. I finally got fed up with it, realized it was a dream, and returned to my adult self. I threw a box of goods down and told him that if he wanted the job done a certain way, then he had to do it himself, and that I was no one’s slave.

So, I decided in the dream to go visit my childhood home and take a look at the place where my “Jedi training” first started. I went into the backyard of this old house and climbed the tree. I went inside and saw my child-self watching Return of the Jedi. I watched as my child-self was formulating ways of “training” and then thinking on how a true Jedi Order would come about.

I saw my mother and my sister there as well.

In a real sense, this was a sad dream. My parents are no longer in my life and there was a definite sadness there when I watched them, but with my sister, I only felt pity. It was a disturbing dream, but one that I feel holds a lot of significance.

Anyways, that is my update.

Loremaster
    Participant

Please forgive the intrusion, but I have two comments for Inari about the white stone.  White is a chakra color associated with the crown, but also associated with Divinity.  The color white also refers to all other colors being blended…try spinning a chakra wheel really fast and all you see is white.  Just my $0.02. 

Loremaster

inari
    Participant

Thanks for that Loremaster, I’ve been trying to work out what to do about that dream. I think I’ll have to try to collect some appropriate stones…I spent some time on Ebay looking at rocks a few days ago, and saw a white Selenite palm sized rock (normally they are in wands) and had a bit of an aha moment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Day 17 Response’ is closed to new replies.