• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

There is a reason for this poll, but it’s only in the random thought stage, so for now, just play along and let us know if you’ve read this book or not, and what you thought of it if you did read it. 

Do you think it would be useful to study as part of the Jedi path? 

Angelus

I positively loved this book. As I read it the phrase from Yoda kept running through my head: “You must unlearn what you have learned.” Almost every page is filled with wisdom. 

For those of you whom this might interest, I looked at how this book is classified according to the Library of Congress. (OK, I spent many years working as a Library Assistant.) It is put in the category of “religious life.” very interesting.

Jax
    Keymaster

That is interesting Angelus.  It must be hard to decide how to categorize books. 

Jedi_Phoenix

I voted for read and enjoy…I even made a topic for it, must I say anymore?!?!?

:yoda

Jedi Nitro
    Participant

Only recently have I heard of it, and with all the positive feedback it’s getting it is certainly a book I’ll look into getting in the near future.

Hybrid Dawn
    Participant

It’s something I’m planned on checking out when I get the time, however I currently have 5 books awaiting attention on top of the three I’m reading. But I will certainly have to make time for it.

Kai-An
    Participant

Ditto. It’s definitely on my list to read this summer, once the insanity of junior year is over…
    I’d like to see the movie too, but I’d rather read the book first.

Pyro1560
    Participant

I just got done reading it not too long ago. What an amazing book. Seriously, its almost like a handbook to being a Jedi, in not so many words. Great motivation for continuing to train on this path too.

Hybrid Dawn
    Participant

I’ll definitely check it out ASAP then.

Chris-Tien Jinn
    Participant

It is a very good book and definitely suited to the Jedi Way.  The movie is also quite good.  They made some changes – necessary for the time limit – but for once, I didn’t find myself disappointed with the screenplay based on a favorite book.

Oh yea, I re-read this one about once per year and can’t wait until the movie is on DVD.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here