• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Monday 3, December 2007

Journey home

“Everything seeks its source.”

— a universal principle

Our spiritual journey unfolds through 2 stages.

1. THE PATH OF PERSONALITY – We arise from the one source of all, to be born as individuals in a world of form. In this physical world, we experience separation and limitation. This is a time of immersion in a world of effects, form, ego, distortion, illusion and pain.

2. THE PATH OF SOUL – When we have experienced enough pain, we find our way back home to our spiritual source. We let go of the illusion of separation to embrace unity and wholeness. We work with cause instead of effects. Paradoxically, it’s only with a strong and healthy personality that we become capable of expressing soul.

WHERE ARE YOU ON YOUR PATH? Are you struggling to do more and have more? Are you aware of your soul challenging you to open to the bigger picture of life?

“Two people have been living in you all your life. One is the ego, garrulous, demanding, hysterical, calculating; the other is the hidden spiritual being, whose still voice of wisdom you have only rarely heard or attended to – you have uncovered in yourself your own wise guide.”

— Sogyal Rinpoche

Daizan
    Participant
    Quote:
    WHERE ARE YOU ON YOUR PATH?

3. Realization that one never left home. ;)

Jax
    Keymaster

lol, there is that one too. 

Icarus
    Participant
    Quote:
    WHERE ARE YOU ON YOUR PATH?

You know, this very question came up last night in a discussion between Danny and myself. Something recently happened, with my sister, that could have dire consequences for many people. She called me… and said, “This is the first time in my life that I have come to you for help, and you can’t fix it for me.”

And now, due to circumstances surrounding me and my family, I feel as if I can’t fix anything. People come to me for help. I don’t like going to others for help. To be honest, that idea scares me. But, now, I have to ask myself, “If I am not the fixer, what am I?” “What is my value, my role, my purpose?”

That is a scary place to be in too. So, what is my path? Where am I on that path? I think, maybe, that I am sitting by a giant oak that stands on a wild path and just breathing for the first time in a long time.

So, if anyone else is lost, or wants to take a break, you can come sit with me under the oak. :P

Jax
    Keymaster

That’s the trick right now, isn’t it?  We’re moving beyond our pasts, but into an unknown future.  Who are we if we aren’t defined by what we have done?  How do we embrace a future that we don’t understand and can’t see our way through?  Faith.  Faith that this isn’t some sick game the universe plays with us (because it’s not).  Faith that, while this time isn’t very fun, we have a choice in how we handle it.  We can choose to make the best of it, to relax, to go with the flow, or to fight it and make life quite difficult for ourselves. 

This is usually easy to agree with, hard to implement.  What worked for me was a technique from the Trust Your Vibes book Inari recommended.  Put your higher self in charge.  Tell yourself multiple times a day that your higher self is in charge, guiding your actions.  It’s time for your mind to take a rest.  Keep telling yourself this and it’s quite amazing how it works.  I had amazing experiences the past week or so when I did this, finding it effortless to act from my higher self.  I didn’t know it could be that easy until I experienced it.  Of course, I’ve slipped since then and haven’t followed my own advice so well.  Maybe I should write it on every box I pack.  lol

Hopefully this helps a bit.  There are times to act, there are times to relax.  Right now is a time of going with the flow and trying to calm your physical and mental selves.  They don’t understand change very well and naturally resist it.  Programming them by continually stating the intention of giving your higher self run of the show will go a long way towards relaxing those underlying tensions.  :-)

Kol Drake
    Quote:
    You know, this very question came up last night in a discussion between Danny and myself. Something recently happened, with my sister, that could have dire consequences for many people. She called me… and said, “This is the first time in my life that I have come to you for help, and you can’t fix it for me.”

And now, due to circumstances surrounding me and my family, I feel as if I can’t fix anything. People come to me for help. I don’t like going to others for help. To be honest, that idea scares me. But, now, I have to ask myself, “If I am not the fixer, what am I?” “What is my value, my role, my purpose?”

That is a scary place to be in too. So, what is my path? Where am I on that path? I think, maybe, that I am sitting by a giant oak that stands on a wild path and just breathing for the first time in a long time.

So, if anyone else is lost, or wants to take a break, you can come sit with me under the oak. :P

Wow… and I thought only guys tried to be ‘fixers’.  :D

Hand wavy time — most folks will not ‘change’ or ‘get fixed’ as long as they are not willing to really accept their situation and desire ‘the change’ in themselves.    Being a long time ‘fixer’, I also came to realize — most fixing was more ‘enabling’ and that wasn’t making things better in many cases, only sustaining a situation or attitude.

More now, and thinking along ‘Jedi’ lines — we are not fixers or enablers — we are guides.  We can ‘listen’ when *they* are finally willing to open up.  We can offer insight but that means not ‘telling them how to *do it*… they have to make that decision for themselves and walk the resultant path.  We can ‘be there’ when they take their first steps to make certain it’s not so scary but… we can not carry them.

Sounds harsh but I have learned I can not ‘make’ someone live their life any other way than how *they* will it to be — especially if *they* are not ready to make changes in themselves.  Even when the advice is the most ‘logical’ and ‘proper course of action’ — that horse still will not drink if it ain’t thirsty.

Re: Feeling helpless.
    Though it may feel that way — having to ‘stop’ being a fixer… you are not helpless.
    With all the gifts you have and your Jedi and non-Jedi training, you have plenty to ‘offer’ and still be of immense aid to your family.  Your strength alone in times of diversity is a great ‘gift’.  Your intuition and insight into the ‘bigger picture’ can make a difference in how you move along the currents of your shared life.

Hope the situation with your sister works out for the best………. and, as it unfolds, do not let it knock you ‘out of balance’.      :med2

Icarus
    Participant
    Quote:
    Hand wavy time — most folks will not ‘change’ or ‘get fixed’ as long as they are not willing to really accept their situation and desire ‘the change’ in themselves.    Being a long time ‘fixer’, I also came to realize — most fixing was more ‘enabling’ and that wasn’t making things better in many cases, only sustaining a situation or attitude.

More now, and thinking along ‘Jedi’ lines — we are not fixers or enablers — we are guides.  We can ‘listen’ when *they* are finally willing to open up.  We can offer insight but that means not ‘telling them how to *do it*… they have to make that decision for themselves and walk the resultant path.  We can ‘be there’ when they take their first steps to make certain it’s not so scary but… we can not carry them.

Yeah, that’s what I meant by being a fixer of problems. People usually only come to me when they are ready because they usually do not like my bluntness and “harshness” until then. Let’s just say that with that problem… there aren’t enough Jedi in Texas to protect her.

And as for this, Kol:

Quote:
    Re: Feeling helpless.
    Though it may feel that way — having to ‘stop’ being a fixer… you are not helpless.
    With all the gifts you have and your Jedi and non-Jedi training, you have plenty to ‘offer’ and still be of immense aid to your family.  Your strength alone in times of diversity is a great ‘gift’.  Your intuition and insight into the ‘bigger picture’ can make a difference in how you move along the currents of your shared life.

THANK YOU!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here