• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Monday 24, December 2007

Shifting consciousness

“The world we are experiencing today is the result of our collective consciousness, and if we want a new world, each of us must start taking responsibility for helping create it.”

— Rosemary Fillmore Rhea

Below are 7 levels of consciousness that clearly outline a path for our evolving consciousness:

– tribal and mass consciousness – one obeys the group and lives by trial and error
    – individual consciousness – one develops a stronger sense of self and ego
    – seeker’s consciousness – one asks questions and seeks independence
    – intuitive consciousness – one develops the heart and is becoming spiritually aware
    – group consciousness – one serves a higher good filling the needs of others
    – soul consciousness – one experiences spiritual service.

On which level do you spend most of your time? What are you doing to shift to the next level of being?

There are as many paths to understanding, awareness, peace, freedom, love and meaningful service as there are people. Enjoy your journey!

“Consciousness is not just some by-product of the human brain mass. Consciousness is all pervasive. It is in everything and is everywhere. Your individual human consciousness exists within and is a part of a universal consciousness.”

— Delfin Knowledge System

“God acts in history: that is, God provides ideas, methods, and experiences intended to bring comprehension to man, an understanding heart, a conscious life.”

— Jacob Needleman

Aslyn
    Participant
    Quote:
    – individual consciousness – one develops a stronger sense of self and ego
    – seeker’s consciousness – one asks questions and seeks independence
    – intuitive consciousness – one develops the heart and is becoming spiritually aware

To my mind, it’s fairly impossible to develop one of the three without the other two being developed at the same time. I suppose some people can do that, but it strikes me as rather lacking in self-awareness for this to be the case.

Jax
    Keymaster

That may be true, but often times people will be dominant in one area vs another.  Or, they’ll find that in some areas of their life they have one type of consciousness, and another level in a different area.  And I would certainly argue that there are a whole heck of a lot of spiritually unaware people with plenty of sense of self and ego.  Also, there’s a lot of questions to be asked before that spiritual awareness comes.  I haven’t seen people do all three at once in my experience. 

Aslyn
    Participant

The problem with that, Jackie, is that the vast majority of us will never truly know what is going on inside another person’s head. We have the benefit of a private mind. And, of course, you can ask questions, seek independence become spiritually aware and work towards creating a stronger sense of self without ever expressing this outwardly.

Jax
    Keymaster

But with those changes comes outward change.  If there isn’t outward change, there really isn’t a shift going on because it’s our beliefs that determine our behavior.  But also I say this based on the people I work with individually over a long period of time.  While yes, things are private, you still learn quite a bit about a person. 

In that same vein, however, how can you back up your claim if the same evidence would be private?  :-)

Aslyn
    Participant

Because it only follows that there would be directly unavoidable outward changes if the person lacked self-control. It’s perfectly possible to feign what you think and feel – oftentimes a self-defense mechanism, but it’s also fairly useful if you’re having a truly bad day, but don’t want everyone around you feeling down as a consequence. Not everyone exists on a system that dictates that inward thought = outward expression of said thought.

As for that last bit, by the way, why would I need evidence? You disagree with me anyway, and it isn’t as though I am compelled to try to change your mind as a consequence. Might have been so a few years ago, but I’ve resigned myself to being less persistent in such regards these days.

Jax
    Keymaster

I’m just curious as to why you say what you say.  I’m not saying your position is impossible, I just haven’t seen it.  But my sample size is small, as is most people’s unless they undertake a large research project to determine this progression over time.  I’m genuinely curious how you formed your opinion because I might be missing a perspective that would allow me to look at this differently.  It’s a chance for everyone to learn.

Aslyn
    Participant

Little I can say to that other than from personal experience, which is impossible to explain to you, as a consequence of the fact that explaining the nature of my own mind would take some serious doing.

Icarus
    Participant
    Quote:
    as a consequence of the fact that explaining the nature of my own mind would take some serious doing.

The Matrix.  :rofl:

Aslyn
    Participant

Funny. Have a cookie for your efforts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here