• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Icarus
    Participant

I admit it, I am slow… what are these colors for? Is it that you are wanting a color scheme that is recognized across the boards as Jedi Realist colors? Like a standard, or banner thingy?  ??? I so slowy with this stuff.

And, yes, please post a picture of the wreath.

Quote:
    The colors if you want to decorate “Jedi Online Community” or make frosting for Jedi Gathering Cupcakes perhaps?

I can tell you, from experience, that the cupcakes in purple stain everything that they touch.  :rofl:

Aslyn
    Participant

0288.gif

Due to the stupid nature of your conversation, I have decided to remove you from the internet, permanently. Have a really nice day, people!

:)

Icarus
    Participant

:rofl:

Ummmm, can we come back and visit…. sometimes? Like on holidays?  :maul

Brandel Valico
    Participant

I dare you to press this button

button.gif

Icarus
    Participant

:rofl:

Yay! I knew I could do it one day!!!

Anonymous

LOLOL!!!!

Well – Icarus – I have learned in a year of being with the Jedi Online – you never suggest anything officially.

These are the colors most seemed to like that says “Jedi Community”.  I am going to use them – others may too.  I think they are good colors and I hope they catch-on because it would make some things more fun….and coordinated.

(Bummer about the purple frosting – I’ll have to do a marbelized purple frosting or a swirl I guess…maybe purple jellybeans or candy spots!.)

I will show the wreath – haven’t made one in ages!

– Asta

Icarus
    Participant

Right, but what I mean is: Are you wanting to use them as a type of flag, or symbol on websites, or something like that? I get the robes part, but was unclear on the rest of it.

I do like the colors though. I think you have a good idea. Personally, I like black for everything, including Jedi stuff. Black black black black black… but black cupcakes are yucky.

Anonymous

No – I really wanted to open a dialogue on what colors mean “Jedi Community”. 

For me – this Chritmas has been an unusual shock.  I just didn’t feel “Christmas” as I am no longer as involved in Christianity – and I am fortunate to have open-ended family and even religions of heritage (Episcopalian and Quaker). 

I’d sort of like to share my new Path (I don’t consider it a religion – but it is spiritual) with my old religions.  The Quakers love it…lol..  Episcopalians are also interested in new ideas.  I also would have liked to share it – if even silently – in my life and even within my professional life. 

We all do – and I know my employees religions/spirituality and we do celebrate them all.  Workplace is so much more than most of us are willing to admit I think sometimes!
    At home – I do like to celebrate…and although it’s not a “Jedi Holiday” or “special day” it’s a time we all do share in celebrating no matter!

I felt it keenly this season, the change, the lack of participation.  The feeling of interconnectedness in celebrating.  I deal with people from literally all over the world in my job – and this season is one of celebration.  I did want to celebrate too…lol.

So – I wondered about colors.  I did research, I looked at sites, etc..  Then I wanted to know what others thought the colors of Jedi Community would be.  What has turned-out is not what I would have thought.  But I like these colors and they seem to “feel” right.

I wear a lot of black and navy myself – in winter especially.  I don’t intend on wearing Jedi colors – they aren’t my usual colors at all…  But I do like them, and I might use them in various ways.  (I am thinking of sewing some meditation pajamas – which I suspect will become my after work loungewear…lol….and I may do some Jedi colors.  Other projects are springing to mind…)

If people want to use these colors then great!  If it becomes official over time – fine…  I know such things take time and consensus. 

For me – and maybe for some others – it may be comforting and fun to have them?

Icarus
    Participant

Oh, no doubt. I think it is a wonderful idea. I just didn’t understand what you were doing. Like I said, I’m slow sometimes.  :-

I guess I have always been drawn to (other than black, anyway) the blue and green. In fact, I have a robe in mind that is black, but has blue stuff in it. Then again, I also like the consular green.

I think the meditation pajamas is a great idea. I have “ritual” clothing that I use for my religious stuff. Cloaks, gowns, etc. The colors have very special importance to me and create a surge of special energy, so I definitely understand what you are talking about now. :)

Quote:
    For me – this Chritmas has been an unusual shock.  I just didn’t feel “Christmas” as I am no longer as involved in Christianity – and I am fortunate to have open-ended family and even religions of heritage (Episcopalian and Quaker). 

It can be difficult when a person switches their spiritual path and then finds that an enjoyable holiday season is no longer fun because of the connections from the “outdated” belief system. With Christmas, though, we have to remember that it was not a Christian holiday to begin with. It was most definitely Pagan. Yule was celebrated as the returning of the light of the world. There were many sun god’s births worshipped on Christmas Day before Jesus was added to the list, too. That doesn’t change the meaning or its importance though. It may be helpful to remember the famililial importance of the holiday, the good will expressed by so many during this time, and the fact that light will once again return to our world. In this way, it doesn’t change the true meaning of Christmas, it enhances it. :)

Anonymous

That was it, Icarus.  The “link” is sort of gone.

I tried to find wreath material – and unless I can find a twig or straw wreath the wreath is off…  But it gives me enough time for next year – and I also did get some other ideas.

For some color/clothes/decorations don’t mean much.  For me it’s fun and I am a little on the silly side. 

I’ll just have to let this holiday pass and get busy on other projects using the Jedi colors…  It’ll be fun – and I will show what I do.  (I love seeing people’s creative projects!)

– Asta ;D

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here