• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Akami
    Participant

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a computer issue regarding the beginning of my training here. I don’t seem to have the proper program to open the files which contain the student workbook and introductory course. I’m pretty sure you need Microsoft Excel to open the workbook file, but as for the .pdf file the course uses I have no clue. Can someone computer-savvy please help me sort out this issue?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Akami

inari
    Participant

You will need to download a copy of the free PDF reader Adobe Reader or a similar product.  You are correct that the worksheet (not workbook) is in Excel format.

Memnoich
    Participant

Download Here:
    Adobe Reader

Jax
    Keymaster

What programs do you have to view documents with?  Are you using microsoft works?  An apple product?  You an always download open office, which is free and will read the standard documents, including excel documents.  You can find it here: http://www.openoffice.org/

Download adobe, I’m really surprised you don’t have it since it comes with computers the majority of the time and is used in so many places.  Once you have this you’re set, since all of our workbooks are in pdf (adobe) format.  The worksheet is the only exception and that can be changed to a different format if necessary.  However, the ability to read standard microsoft documents is pretty important so I’d download open office so you’re ready for future needs with other websites and schooling as well.

Xhaiden
    Keymaster

Yeah, open office is a great program. I use Neo Office which is the mac version. I have windows on my Mac with Office but I generally use Neo Office.

Akami
    Participant

Okay, I’ve got the Workbook .pdf file open now and saved, I just need to download that “open office” program Jax mentioned. Thank you all for the help.

Regards,
    Akami

Jax
    Keymaster

Not a problem.  That’s why we have help forums. :-)

Memnoich
    Participant

This post actually brings up a good point, we might want to have either the links for reader and open office added to the individual pages, or create a single page for useful application downloads.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here