• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Here’s your chance to put your Jedi path in action.  From Jun 8-22nd, the Bone Marrow Registry is waiving the fee to type match donors so it’s free to you.  From their website:

Quote:
    When you join the Be The Match Registry, you become part of every patient’s search for a bone marrow donor. You could be the one to save a life.

And now, during the Be The Match Marrowthon, you can join online for free June 8 – 22, while funding remains. Our Marrowthon goal is to add 46,000 new members to the registry. Be one of them!

When you join, you can also choose to make a financial contribution. It costs about $100 to add a donor to the registry. Your tax-deductible gift in any amount creates the opportunity for more donors to join.

I encourage everyone in the US to register.  This is a truly life saving procedure that is limited by lack of donors.  They have ways of making the transplant less painful, though we shouldn’t let that stop us ;-)  I registered for this program when I was in the military, so I was able to just update my information with the department of defense registry.  But for new potential donors you want to sign up here.
    http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/Join_Now_Special/Marrowthon09/join_now_mt09.html

Jax
    Keymaster

Today is the last day to register for free!  This is a chance to save a life, it’s worth signing up!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here