• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant
    Quote:
    My only question is, why only buy 1 book?  lol  You could have bought all 3 and had tons to play with ;-) 

I am trying to listen to my internal voice more and more these days, and for some reason I had a feeling I only needed one book. “J” on the other hand took half the shop home.  ;D :P

I understand when you say you don’t feel drawn to the genre. However fisrt thing that comes to mind is, at least it may spark some nice debate. In the spirit of openess I remain exactly that open. :meditate

:rebel

Jax
    Keymaster

lol, it’s cool.  As long as one of you is supporting the bookstore ;-)

And absolutely, keep listening to that voice.  Yours tells you to read it, mine just doesn’t care, and that’s the way it should be.  If I read when not ready, I could end up having a negative reaction that slows my own growth.  If you didn’t read it, you could slow your growth by missing some interesting ideas. 

By all means, bring up points for discussion.  I don’t mind that at all, just don’t want to read a whole book. haha  I even have some similar books in my library that I just haven’t read.  They’ll stay there until it’s time to read or to pass on to someone else.  Though right now they’re packed with all my other books so I can’t even look at the title.

I look forward to some interesting discussions.  Thanks for sharing the book!  Oh, and if you want to read I Jedi in ebook format, I have that available (I think…)

Benjamin
    Participant

Training today was good; I took it light as I leave for Sydney tomorrow. I, m looking forward to some challenging workouts over the next few days. 8)

I am not sure about my internet access while I’m away so I may not post again till Sunday evening. :r2top

Cheers

Jedi_Phoenix

Best of luck while you are at Sydney then :meditate

inari
    Participant

I’ve just been looking over your training journal Benjamin for the first time. You are doing an awesome job, btw. In regards to the reaction of your colleagues about your getting up early to meditate, there might be another reason for their attitude as well. In Western society, the role of the scholar or mystic, or even healer (if it is not based on Western scientific and logic) has a low status. There is a cultural tendency to shy away, partly as a holdover from the hard-core Christian attitude to spiritual development, and then too you know what Aussies are like, most don’t even have the faith in God that many Americans have and have taken secularism, skepticism and cynicism (and probably several other ‘isms’) to the nth degree.

What I’m trying to get to here is that while I do not suggest that you not talk about your training, be mindful that you don’t seek approval, even unconsciously, from others, especially those who seem unsympathetic. ‘J’ probably has a good point that they were jealous, too. It is my experience that people do become jealous of others who take their fate into their own hands, and actively move ahead with what they wish to do, because they themselves want to do this but cannot summon the willpower to get out of their ruts.

So, once again well done. You’ve motivated me to go and write in MY journal a bit more  ;D

Benjamin
    Participant

I just arrived in Sydney and yes I have internet. My boss has put us up in a penthouse apartment with a view right out over the city. We are on the 67th floor so tomorrow mornings meditation will be right in front of the floor ceiling windows.  :yoda

I have a hectic day of academic lectures + physical training sessions I will report how the TRX stuff goes tomorrow night.

I feel so blessed to be at this stage of my life. Prayer this evening is for ALL.  :meditate  :meditate

Benjamin
    Participant

All I can say is what a Long day.

My goodness, I have only now stopped from this morning. I started the day with my morning meditation, then boom straight into a full on day. First up was a lecture/training session with Frasier Queltch one of the inventors of the TRX training system. It was awesome to be around that type of energy. We went through some basic TRX training then onto some more advanced stuff. Great work out. I then had a nutrition course with a nutrition expert called Matt O’Neil.

It is good to state; I am viewing all this training as proxy Jedi training. Physical Training/Nutrition Training/Mental Training etc. It all seems to have so much MORE meaning when I fit it along side my Jedi life.

So any how in the afternoon I had a great course on team building presented by a retired Navy SEAL Randy Hedrick also an inventor of the TRX training system.
    So as you can imagine by this stage I am pumped for anything.

Last but not least I did a Kettle Bell training session. Man what a work out. So as you can imagine by tonight I am stuffed. I might read a little then hit the hay. 

Tomorrow is just as full on.

Benjamin
    Participant

I have not meditated at all since friday. I feel a little disapointed but it has been SO full on I have not had the energy to put into it.

Today I am doing one lecutre only, it is on finding your WORK/LIFE balance. I am looking forward to getting some tips on manageing time and brain power for different aspects of your life.

Today I can hardly walk I have done around 12.5hr of hard training in the last 3 days. Even for me that is a big ask.

I purchased a “DRU Yoga” DVD, I will give it a go tonight when I get home.

My brain and body are shot so I am not going to attempt to post any more right now.

I will write a full account of my experience when I get home.

Jedi_Phoenix

Please share about what you learned with the balancing and time management as that is something I am trying to master as well xD It would be interesting to here your thoughts! ;D

inari
    Participant

Hi Benjamin,

What an awesome weekend you have had! One thing I’d like to say though, (and this isn’t something we usually say to students, as normally we have to motivate them to work) is to allow yourself some rest time and not feel guilty if you don’t get some aspect of your training regime done every day. Give yourself time physically to rest when you need it, for starters (and I’m sure you know this), I’ve seen plenty of people whose livelihoods depend on their bodies push themselves too far and then have to go work in another industry. Also, meditation and reading expanding literature are good, but don’t forget to lighten up sometimes and sleep in, or read some fiction etc.

So, just a little concerned you’ll ‘burn out’ if you go too hard and too constantly.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here