• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

After starting a Meditation Journal I would also like to make an over all training journal.

This journal will document my progress as I study more and more the Jedi path. I am currently waiting to begin training at the academy. While I do so I have been reading the forum and posting what I feel has relevance. I already have a strong handle on the physical training aspect of the path and my recent foray into meditation will only benefit my life. Finding balance and wisdom are important to me and this will be the focus of this journal. I will use it to report my successes and failures in all aspects of my daily life.

So as with my meditation journal I pray this journal gives me focus to constantly challenge my training in Mind, Body & Spirit. Here is an idea for my daily routine.

Daily Jedi Practice

Morning Prayer

Morning Physical Training

“Work”

Evening Academic Studies

Evening Meditation

:rebel

Benjamin
    Participant

Ok so I just got home from one Very Long day. Basically I worked 11 hours & trained for 1 ½. Bottom line I’ve come home and I am absolutely too tired to make an effective go at meditation tonight. However as I drove home I thought about my Daily Jedi Practice. I think what I will do, is switch my meditation to the mornings and my daily prayer to the evenings.

My physical training went well today even though I lacked some energy having had to work the whole weekend. I also spent my day being consciously aware of my interactions with those around me, taking the time to make my actions measured & thoughtful.

All and all I am pleased with the day. I did have one instance where my boss came out and asked if I had finished a job he had got me to do. I was so busy all day that I had not done it. I instantly felt like he didn’t care how busy I was. My reaction was based on ego, (doesn’t he care how hard I have worked ME ME ME ME ME ME ) but once I thought about the situation using a calm mind, I overcame my emotion and finished the job with no fuss. I think one of the important things to do as part of my Jedi study is stay in the presence of mind that allows calm and measured thought. This will help temper any ego that would seek to drag me from my path. 

Benjamin
    Participant

New Daily Jedi Practice

Morning Meditation

Morning Physical Training

Work

Evening Academic Studies

Evening Prayer

Benjamin
    Participant

Today was quite busy; I awoke and did my first morning meditation. Then left for work, working 10 hours straight on my feet I felt absolutely stuffed by the time I started training. During the day I had a few moments to practice patience both with clients and staff alike. I am trying to approach each situation with a presence of mind, to act in a way that exhibits my belief. Being, patient, courteous, thoughtful etc.
    “Serenity Now”

Training was awesome, once I got warmed up. I had a partner tonight which was great. We went through some forms, then some katana work, followed by Jo training (4ft staff). Once we had done all that I spent 40 min just working the bag with some freestyle. It felt good all round.

Tonight’s prayers I think I will send out to all those affected by natural diaster. We have had some bad stuff going on in Australia i.e.:  Bush Fires last month that left over 180 dead, flooding in the north of the country for about the last 3 months. + Now we have the Italian earthquake. So I will pray for all those affected around the world by earth change.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Benjamin
    Participant

I was going to write this last night when I got home, however I said a quick prayer and crashed straight away. Yesterday was a great Jedi Training Day. I had sated in my meditation journal that I was going to start Meditation 101 yesterday. I got to work sat at my desk (I have done so many hours lately, I had some spare time) switched on my computer and my internet was down. :maul At first I was angry because I was really looking forward to spending some time with the material.

Then someone came in and asked if I could go and participate in a class, so I could give some feed back on the instructor. The class was called Balance mmmm :yoda I thought this is a small blessing, get my mind off no internet and have a chance to get a good stretch etc. The Balance class is a mixture of Tai Chi, Pilates, and Yoga. It was great I had a full stretch followed by a 10min meditation session at the end.

After the class I had some lunch and did some reading. (I still had no internet) I then went and did 1 hour sword and staff training followed by ½hr bag work. Once I had finished all that I did ½hr Bicep, Triceps and Shoulders. I then went and had a 1 hour massage. Ended up finally doing some work from 4pm to 9pm.

So basically my day went like this

Wake up

Meditation

Some work

Balance Class

Lunch

Martial Arts Training

Massage

Some work

Dinner

Work

Prayer

Bed

I tried to convince my Boss he should pay me to have a day like that every day, no chance. However it was nice to have; as the gift it was. :meditate

Benjamin
    Participant

I had a light training day today to give myself some time to recover. I did a 45min stretch some forms and finished with some Jo (4ft staff) work.

I did manage to do two lots of meditation + spent some time studying meditation 101. :meditate

I plan on getting up early tomorrow and doing a full 40min meditation then go for a run, come back and do 1 hour Martial Arts training.

Apart form the study and meditation I’m having the weekend off training. Next week I go to Sydney for the big fitness convention. So a little rest is not a bad idea at all.

Benjamin
    Participant

This is only a quick journal entry before I leave for work. Its 6.12am ATM so no meditation this morning I will do a “dead mans pose” meditation before bed this evening. I thought I would report an incident that occurred yesterday with a group of close friends of “J”s and mine.

We were all sitting around chatting having a lovely afternoon when “J” mentioned how I had been getting up really early to do my morning meditations. The reaction from the others was one that is difficult to describe. It wasn’t contempt or ridicule but it was very close. They seemed to be put out that someone would take the time to work on the development of their mind and spirit. I am already much different from this particular group of people in the fact that I am the only one who is fit and healthy.
    They think I am weird because I don’t drink alcohol and that I am still actively involved in my Martial Arts at the age of 33.

It got me thinking if they reacted the way they did because they are confronted with the fact that there is no balance or commitment to self development in their own lives?
    I just found it a little sad that what I was doing was seen as crazy or fanatical. I asked “J” on the way home how she felt about my lifestyle choices she said that the reaction was more one of jealously.

So with out trying to psychoanalyse the reaction, I am wondering if any one else has run into adverse reaction to the way of life we chose?

PS
    (Imagine if “J” had of mentioned the whole Jedi Realist thing) OMG! 😮

Jax
    Keymaster

One thing is that they can be reacting defensively because they haven’t made time in their life for development.  Most western societies are faced with the constant message of taking time to exercise and eat right, and yet most of us don’t.  So there’s this underlying guilt or concern that others are judging us for not making time to do things.  Thus, defensiveness over perceived judgment.  In any case, there are plenty of people not at that spiritual place to consciously train for self improvement, and these people may be that type. 

Benjamin
    Participant

Synchronicity x 1, 000, 000 WOW.

The speed at which I am now experiencing “event’s time’s and places” being exactly where they should be is now beyond mere coincidence.

I will begin with saying that the last three days off from physical training has been great for my overall physical recovery, and has provided me with some spare time to pursue my other work on self development.

So yesterday “J” decided we should visit a small second hand book shop here in town. I thought it a great idea so we got ready and went off. I will describe this book shop; it is set up in a old 150year home. As you walk in, you smell the incense lightly perfuming the air and are instantly greeted by the owner’s two fox terriers. The shop it’s self is room after room of book’s piled on shelves in corners by chairs there are reading lounges and it has a great aura about it.

“J” went off to her romance section I took off to Sci-Fi to see what I could scrounge. Nothing much jumped out at me so I headed to esoteric/self development section. I found one book and held onto it in case I didn’t find anything else, then headed back into the front section where they have newer books and found “I JEDI”. So I put down the first book and held onto “I JEDI” thinking this is the book I am suppose to buy. I continued to look around reading a poster on the wall inviting people to evening meditation courses and the like. I smiled a small sign that others are walking a similar path. I headed back around to “J” who was now in the crime section. I gave her a hug and while looking over her shoulder spotted a book on southern sky maps. Yeah I thought this is the book I am supposed to buy. So I took “I JEDI” back and grabbed the astronomy book. I flicked though the pages enjoying the pictures and thinking at least I would a have great head start to my armature astronomy. Just as I was going to buy the book I looked at the shelf directly where the astronomy book had been, and there was another book. “BOOM it screamed I AM THE BOOK YOU WERE LOOKING FOR” I picked it up and thumbed to the introduction. This is exactly what I needed a book based on the relationship between physics and consciousness.
    (Jax you may not approve LOL) ;D

The book for anyone interested is called “Mysticism and the New Physics”. By Michael Talbot.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=Xb89AAAAIAAJ&dq=Mysticism+and+the+new+physics+Michael+Talbot&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=hSe2-8sOwR&sig=O__CURfhM1ZPcQuQDWfs5VMGWCE&hl=en&ei=ZWTiSeztEKeK6AO83YyDDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#PPP1,M1

This link will give you a taste, hey Jax if you can let me know your opinion? I would love to hear it. Any how I have dived into it and am enjoying the experience thus far.

Jax
    Keymaster

My only question is, why only buy 1 book?  lol  You could have bought all 3 and had tons to play with ;-) 

As for this book, no clue.  lol  I think when it comes down to it, I don’t think I have this need to have science to prove my experiences (not that people who read these do, just saying that I don’t).  Also, I guess I realize just how little we know about this theoretical physics stuff, and thus don’t put much stock in the parallels.  In a decade we could decide these theories weren’t right at all, and then what?  The parallels may still be true, but linking to science still in its infancy is a risk.  :-)  But seriously, it could also be really fun and a really interesting read.  My comments say far more about me and my life and education then they do about this or any similar book.  I’ll read them eventually, just don’t feel a calling to them, and thus probabably shouldn’t read them yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here