• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Atticus

I should probably be keeping this in my WP, but I haven’t been. Maybe committing to keeping it here will help me be more consistent in keeping track.

Today was leg day:
    [ul]
    [li]4 sets of deadlifts[/li]
    [li]5 sets of leg presses / calf raises[/li]
    [li]5 sets of leg curls[/li]
    [li]6 sets of weighted abdominal curls[/li]
    [/ul]No HIIT today, because my legs felt like rubber after lifting, so the last thing I wanted to do was climb on the elliptical.

Atticus

There’s an incision in my chest since Wednesday, so I can’t lift for a while. Therefore, yesterday was a day for cardio: 30 minutes on the treadmill, pretty steep incline. I did some intervals, but I can’t really call it HIIT because I don’t feel comfortable enough on a treadmill to crank it up to a high intensity. And that’s why I’ll be sticking with the ellipticals and the bikes.

Kol Drake
    Atticus wrote:
    There’s an incision in my chest since Wednesday, so I can’t lift for a while.

To put it bluntly… holy krapola doood!

I hope you are gonna be alright.

Atticus

Oh yeah, it wasn’t a big deal, just had what we think was a cyst removed. But it isn’t going to heal if I don’t take time off from throwing dumbbells around.

Kol Drake

Now now…. you should not refer to your co-workers as……. oh…. oh, okay, nevermind. :P

Atticus

I don’t know what happened to Monday’s post. Tapatalk is a pain right now. Anyway, 20 minutes HIIT on a bike.

Tomorrow is leg day. I also let Kate talk me into signing up for a 5K on Saturday to raise money for breast cancer support. I am not a runner, so this is a huge step for me.

Kol Drake

5K == 3 miles

Even if you walk it, that is a ‘do-able’ distance; even fast walking / fox trotting / almost jogging — you should easily make 15 minute miles. So, an hour in the sun and fresh air and poof…. you are a supportive hubby and hero for those fighting the Big C.

Wear comfortable sneakers & clothing.
    Hydrate as much as possible before.

You’ll make it like a champ!

Atticus

Thanks, Kol. Intellectually, I know this stuff. It’s just the detritus from miserable years in gym class that makes me dread runs.

Today was leg day:
    [ul]
    [li]5 sets of leg presses[/li]
    [li]4 sets of leg curls[/li]
    [li]6 sets of calf raises[/li]
    [li]6 sets of weighted abdominal curls[/li]
    [/ul]I’m thinking I should be okay to go back to upper body training by the end of the weekend.

Atticus

Well, yesterday’s 5K turned out to be 5.5 miles instead. So it took me longer than I thought it would, about an hour and a half, but we got through it just fine. My ankles are a little sore today, but I felt great after refueling and rehydrating.

Kol Drake

5.5 instead of 3…. SURPRISE! *facepalm*

Still… a little over 16 minute miles — which is not bad for a beat up duffer. :P

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here