• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    inari
    Participant

Hi folks,

Just letting you know about a new part of the Institute that will become available soon.

Quote:
    The Research and Development section of the IJRS undertakes and encourages others to undertake research in two broad fields, firstly, the nature of the Force and methods of interacting with and utilising the Force; and secondly the remaining aspects of the Jedi Realist path. Development of reference material and advanced training methods will follow on from the research undertaken.

Those undertaking research must first submit a short proposal, outlining what they are looking into, what sort of resources they are planning to use, and what they hope to achieve from the research. This may be placed into a forum, where others can see what others are working on. There is no restriction on different people working on the same areas. A research proposal can be considered to be completed when the proposer has submitted a document on their findings and what they did or did not achieve in the research. Failures are considered successes too, as they can be learned from as much as successes. Submitted documents need to conform to certain standards (yet to be defined) in regards to spelling and grammer, comprehensibility, and an appendix with references used should be supplied (including Jedi talked to).

Completed documents will be made available in the Library after checking of standards. They should be in their own section, at least initially.

Development of advanced training material can either proceed from the research results, or be an area of research and writing in its own right. Advanced training material does not necessarily need to have student questionnaires built in, it can be left to Academy staff to set their own questions should they be inclined. Advanced material should undergo the same standards check as the research material, and ideally be tested by experienced community members before release to the Academy.

All authors of research and training material are to be credited when their material is used, and their accepted documents are not to be changed without permission (i.e. enforcing the same copyright rules as you would get at a university etc).

Those undertaking research are recommended to keep a blog of their research activity, to better gain assistance from other IJRS members.

Regards,

Inari

Memnoich
    Participant

Not sure if this would go here, but I guess it is kind of a research project. I’ve been working on a kind of “History” of The Force for about the past year or so. Going into different names, and how some “Force” like force has shown up, not only in mythology and religion, but also in some aspects of Scientific research and literature. The intent is to show that, even before Lucas, there were beliefs into some kind of Unifying Energy out there. As well as to show that even now there is a kind of societal mindset of inter-connective energy between all things, not just living ones, as shown by current literature.

inari
    Participant

it will probably go under R&D Memnoich but I request that you please do not register your work until after the R&D area is set up. We just aren’t ready yet and it might (read, probably) will get lost in the process in the meantime.

Memnoich
    Participant

it’s no where near ready, though, now that I know this is being put together, I’ll add my research notes and progress to my wordpress account

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here