• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I’ve never seen the original movie, not sure why I haven’t heard of it until now.  But this is beyond fascinating to me.  I definitely want to know more about them.  If you have anything, please share.  Here’s the link I found today: http://alunathemovie.com/ Here’s the blurb about the people themselves.

The Kogi are the last surviving civilization from the world of the Inca and Aztec, and their cities are untouched by our world. The mountain they inhabit is an isolated triangular pyramid rising over 18,000 feet from the sea, the highest coastal mountain on earth. It is on a separate tectonic plate from the Andes, and its unique structure means that it is virtually a miniature version of the planet, with all the world’s climates represented. The mountain is quite literally a micro-cosmos, a mirror of the planet on which every ecological zone is represented and in which most of the plants and animals of the planet can find homes.

The journey to reach their native lands involves passing through a jungle region known to local tomb robbers and cocaine makers as “hell,” where nature and armed gangs combine to seal the Kogi away. Hidden from the modern world, the Kogi are revered by other Native Americans from the Amazon to the Hudson River. Today’s Guatemalan Maya are led by men who were sent as children to be trained by the Kogi. The Seminole people of Florida send offerings to them.

Their spiritual leaders are raised in the dark for their first 18 years, to communicate with “ALUNA”, the thought process that shapes and maintains reality, the source of life and intelligence. They then become Mamos (Enlightened Ones). Some work at remote places which they call “hot spots”, where they believe living energy pours into the world. They guard their isolation and secrecy so that they can continue this work.

But now they believe their work has become impossible in the face of our destructive greed.

Now they have another message to share, and we all must listen…

Kai-An
    Participant

This sounds really incredible, and really beautiful! I’d really love to see this movie. Thanks Jax! I’ll have to keep an eye out for it. :)

Much love,
    Kai-An

Jedi_Phoenix

I find this interesting actually, especially since this is more like a round 2 movie…I’ll have to see if i can find the original documentary!

Thanks for sharing this Jax
    Phoenix

Jax
    Keymaster

There’s a book apparently, that’ll be easier to get I’m sure.  The Elder Brothers’ Warning by Alan Ereira.  If anyone buys it, please report back about it (and buy it through the bookstore preferably hehe)

Jax
    Keymaster

And here’s someone who uploaded the video apparently. Going to give it a watch for a little while.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TGautier421#g/c/0C4E9D212ED19CB4

Jax
    Keymaster

Or I’ll watch it all.  There are some aspects that make me wonder, but other aspects that are simply amazing.  There are even some similarities with the fictional jedi, taking the gifted children from birth (literally) and raising them away from everyone else.  Their method of raising them in darkness until they are 9 has many advantages for their senses.  I don’t think that’s the best idea, but it has worked for them for centuries.  And it serves the purpose they have.  Definitely interesting. 

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

Kind of reminds me of something a friend of mine told me about.  There’s these 13 crystal skulls that they found that date from 5000 to 35000 years ago, but the way they were carved is something we can’t do today.  They have prisms in them that seem to have data, but no-one can retrieve it.  My friend told me to do a search on the words “crystal skulls” and you can find information about them.  I found a good one here http://www.mendhak.com/80-the-13-crystal-skulls.aspx  But it makes you think we can’t be the only civilization to have been here and possibly other civilizations were more advanced.  Sorry if that’s going off the subject a bit, but it’s just the idea of discovering other civilizations that has me interested in it.

Jax
    Keymaster

Yes, the crystal skulls are also quite interesting.  All of my carved wolves, and Carrie’s carved dragons were charged with the energy of a crystal skull.  The lady sells them on ebay.  There is a definite difference from normal quartz. 

Memnoich
    Participant

For crystal skulls, here is another really good link : Crystalinks

The idea of pulling kids out and training separately from almost birth has been used quite a bit throughout the ages for creation of some remarkable groups, the biggest one that comes to mind is the Spartans.

When the young Spartan boy reached seven he was deemed too old to be coddled by his parents and was taken from them to live a military life for the rest of his existence. He was placed in a communal barracks with others his age, supervised by an older boy referred to as a Eirena who had respectively been the strongest in his class (and was himself undergoing something like officer training). For the next five years these Spartan boys were conditioned physically and mentally. They were educated- but only enough to count soldiers in a formation, read war sagas and sing and recite war poetry. . They were given rigorous strength and endurance training and physical conditioning through endless field and track events. They were taught wrestling and the art of ancient martial combat to make them lethal. They were fed -but it was a weak broth and in quantities only enough to exist. It was expected that the young starving boys would steal or otherwise find enough food to keep them strong. For this they would only be punished if caught and the lesson learned from this was how to look for food when none was available, a skill that would be needed in the future when occupying a village that had been sacked and abandoned. Discipline was the word to live by, with terrific punishments meted out if caught performing the most minor infraction.
    Quote:
    In the 1300s the Ottoman Turks kidnapped young Christian boys and essentially brainwashed them into being loyal to the Sultan, the ruler of the Ottoman Empire. Hard-trained, these boys became the elite military unit in the Middle East, and perhaps Europe. They were called Janissaries. Interestingly, Islam prohibited the use of Muslim boys under the age of 15 in war, but made no such protections for Christians or Jews.

Ahh, the memories of Battle school from Enders Game.

There were plenty of others as well. The concept is one I’ve heard of in Philosophy occasionally, as well. What would happen if a child was reared never knowing evil, knowing nothing but love and understanding? we can see it simply in the way some children turn out like their parents, racist, sexist, etc… The upbringing defines the child, even if that child rebel’s from it, they are still affected. Is the Jedi way to raise children a good one, I think yes, even for the non-force sensitives. However the problem you have is that of the parents. I know I would have a hard time giving up my son for that training to occur, because it would require, at least at first, the need to separate the children from everything but their training, to minimize outside influence’s. I would think that once a few generations have been raised this way, allowing parents and children to interact would not be a problem, as at this time the parents would have been raised with the same training.

Can you imagine what the world would be like if generations of children were taught to work together, support one another, meditate, be spiritual, and to treat the body as a temple. That would be Nirvana.

Jax
    Keymaster

Yes, but this is the first time I’d heard of them being taken, literally, from birth.  The mother comes in only to feed them.  For people who haven’t watched this, I recommend it.  Part 7 is where I thought it got really interesting (and to the end of course).  I wish they would have been allowed to learn more, perhaps there is more in the book.  Now I have a lot of questions that I can’t answer. lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here