• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

The faculty has been kicking around the idea of a name change to go with the new academy setup being hashed out this year.  As you can tell by cruising the internet, it isn’t easy to come up with a unique name that relates to the purpose of an academy.  But, since we have one alternative, we’d like to hear your ideas as well.  Please discuss as well as vote so we know why you chose as you did. 

Note, this isn’t a binding vote, just a tool to help us see what you all think. 

Thanks!

*edited to add: We can easily set the site up so that anyone using this address will be pointed to a new web address if a new name is chosen.  So don’t worry about the logistics, just the word choice.  :-)

Aslyn
    Participant

I personally was thinking “Centre for Jedi Realist Studies”. Has more of a ring to it.

Jax
    Keymaster

That’s because you’re british ;-) 

I think we should avoid anything that can be spelled differently in different styles of english.  lol

Anonymous

Jedi Academy is classic…

The longer name sounds a bit like a magnet school trying to sound like a private school?  heh heh…   

I think since there is history to the Jedi Academy – the name should be maintained.

Jax
    Keymaster

But it also sounds like a role playing site – you have the Jedi Academy video games and such, and if you google Jedi Academy that’s what comes up.  I like having Jedi Realist in the name as it distinguishes us from the role playing sites.  It also isn’t as confusing, since Jedi Academy can be a generic term as well.

Jedi_Phoenix

Then why not make it the Jedi Realist Academy?

Jax
    Keymaster

lol, umm… perhaps because that’s already taken?  Which you know…we can’t just take someone else’s name, defeats the purpose of having a unique name.

Jedi_Phoenix

LOL, you know what  I probably thought of that name because I went there, lol

Ok, so yea, scratch that name….

Guess I’ll need to think about it some more…( we could just nicely ask to use that name :maul) lol

Aslyn
    Participant
    Quote:
    That’s because you’re british ;-) 

I think we should avoid anything that can be spelled differently in different styles of english.  lol

And I think you deserve to be poked for that comment!

Jax
    Keymaster

Maybe you should just learn to spell American English :rofl:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here