Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Setanaoko
    Participant

I’ve been working on the initial logistics of this all day, and hopefully by the end of this week (if not this week, next) I’ll have a complete schedule for you. The dates are now 12-15 June 2020. We’re going to be using a combination of Discord and Free Conference Call Video Conferencing to get the ball rolling.

We’ll host live webinars on Free Conference Call’s video conferencing. In contrast to Zoom, the free version allows for 1000 participants (not that we think it will get that high) and an unlimited amount of time. Zoom only allows for 100 guests and a 40 minute time limit.

Some of the webinars I know you can look forward to are-
    A meditation led by Karen Ticknor-Schwob (An admin at the FB group Jedi Church)
    A webinar on using writing for personal growth (both fiction and non-fiction) from an author which specializes in LGBT literature (Jackie Meyer, from Institute for Jedi Realists Studies)
    Herbology with Crystal Neumann of Indiana Jedi
    And Cooking with Ross Greenberg of Chicago Jedi*
    We have a few more that are willing to do a webinar, but they haven’t committed to their topic just yet.

*We are looking at having this 2-3 nights of the gathering. We’ll provide you with a cooking list ahead of time so you can follow along and share a common meal with the rest of the attendees that participated :D. We got the idea for this from the fact that we at the physical gatherings we tend to pitch in together and cook, and then enjoy the same meal.

While we aren’t running a webinar, we’ll have a Discord Server dedicated to the Virtual Jedi Gathering specifically. It will be closed either the night that we end the gathering, or when I wake up the next morning. In either case, we have some things planned for that too. Here are some of the downtime activities you can look forward to-

Arisaig is working on a workout video we can all get on board with.
    A local Jedi and I are working on a Role-Playing Game we can run (this may or may not be moved to Free Conference Call, we’re still working out the details)
    I installed a Chess Bot onto the server I’m building, so we can run a chess game.
    Video/Audio Chat
    A Music Room with Rythm Bot

If any of you that are Discord Savvy have ideas for a game bot you would like to see, let me know and I’ll look into it. :). If you can think of anything you’d like to do, let me know so I can create Discord server space for it. ^^

Augustine
    Participant

This is a great idea considering the current situation, and additionally, it will allow a lot of Jedi from across the world to attend who wouldn’t usually be able to attend a live gathering. I’m looking forward to seeing further details in due course.

Setanaoko
    Participant

I’m looking forward to it for sure. :D. We have the schedule!!

If you’d like to see the pretty version of the schedule, you can find it here:

https://ibb.co/0mHYVKj

If not, here’s the schedule 😀

Friday 12 June 2020-

Role Playing Game- Genesys Model
    Chris Schniestuhl
    3 PM GMT
    10 AM EST
    7 AM PST

Criticism as a Tool of Reflection & Growth
    Sotunus
    8 PM GMT
    3 PM EST
    12 PM PST

Jedi Master Chef Meal
    Ross Greenberg
    10 PM GMT
    5 PM EST
    2 PM PST

Journey Back to the Earth
    Crystal Neumann
    2 AM GMT
    9 PM EST
    6 PM PST

Discord Fun!
    All Weekend!!! Be sure to join the Discord Server when it comes up so we can chat about workshops, share stories and play random games together.

Saturday 13 June 2020

Arisaig’s Workout
    12 PM GMT
    7 AM EST
    4 AM PST

Silver Linings & Where to Find Them
    Cai Richard Beck
    2 PM GMT
    9 PM EST
    6 AM PST

Advanced Mindfulness
    Connor Lidell
    6 PM GMT
    1 PM EST
    10 AM PST

Jedi, a Most Ordinary Man
    Alexandre Orion
    8 PM GMT
    3 PM EST
    12 PM PST

Jedi Master Chef Meal
    Ross Greenberg
    10 PM GMT
    5 PM EST
    2 PM PST

Writing as Teaching
    Jackie Meyer
    2 AM GMT
    9 PM EST
    6 PM PST

Sunday 14 June 2020

Arisaig’s Workout
    12 PM GMT
    7 AM EST
    4 AM PST

Walking with the Spirits
    Gabriel Calderon
    2 PM GMT
    9 PM EST
    6 AM PST

Force Class: Practical Theory
    Karen Schwob-Ticknor
    6 PM GMT
    1 PM EST
    10 AM PST

Teaching Methodology
    Kiss
    8 PM GMT
    3 PM EST
    12 PM PST

Jedi Master Chef Meal
    Ross Greenberg
    10 PM GMT
    5 PM EST
    2 PM PST

TBD
    Slot Given to Youngling
    2 AM GMT
    9 PM EST
    6 PM PST

Monday 15 June 2019
    Ally’s Watch Party!
    Missed a workshop? We’re giving you a second chance to watch it as a community.

Setanaoko
    Participant

Chris, Aimee & I are working on getting the RPG together. So that we can just jump into the game, we’re creating characters (with a complete background!) that participants can choose from- first come first serve when you arrive that first day. We’re building 10 characters, and once they have them together we’ll share with you who the are.

Although we are using the Genesys model, this RPG is built with the Jedi Community in mind. As such, our Game Master (Chris) may call on the player to justify their actions against the Jedi Compass (by the Jedi Community). Are you familiar with it? If not, you can brush up on what is written in the Jedi Compass here-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1937RzYp6MRx1mmKBJ98Nl7O7waDQ-rCXMIyxxvzbF4s/edit

Setanaoko
    Participant

This week Chris and I worked on the Role-Playing Game. We’ve got characters now! So what can you expect? A Jedi Isekai!!! For those that do not know what an Isekai is, it’s Japanese for “Different World”. Our characters are real Jedi form this world, with real jobs and real aspirations, and are suddenly swept away into a fantasy world…where you get to meet gods and goddesses worshipped around our world, and actually get to use magical powers.
    The Characters were developed using real-world information, meaning you can actually look up information about where they live, what their jobs entail, and their hobbies. All of these Jedi are connected by the internet, and 2 apprentice pairs actually know each other offline.

This is just the introduction, but we’ll be releasing their profiles over the course of the week. Remember, those of you that come for the Role Playing Game, it’s first to come first pick- so if you have a character in mind, it’s best to show up early and call dibs. 😉 Oh, and for anyone that wanted to Blonde in a Black Dress? Sorry, that one’s mine. Her name is Setanaoko…kinda hard to steal it from me, lol ;).

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Setanaoko.
    Setanaoko
    Participant
    Jax
    Keymaster

I’m afraid I have zero experience with role playing games. Maybe I’ll have time to hang out and just watch how it works. 🙂

Setanaoko
    Participant

🙂 Hope you can make it!  If it helps any, I’ve played all of 2 games in the past, lol. :). One of the times was with Chris (the person running this one) and he was really good about helping out with the dice rolling – which was the most difficult thing to pull off.

Setanaoko
    Participant

Jedi Master Chef Ross has come up with a shopping list for anyone that is wanting to participate in the cooking show each night!

Friday we’ll have Endorian Chicken Roulade
    Saturday Ackbar Fish Tacos and
    Sunday Obi-Wan Cannolis

Make sure to put these ingredients on your grocery list!! (I tried to get the pictures to work…but they just wouldn’t *sigh*

Endorian Chicken Roulade
    Ingredients:
    2 Chicken Breasts<span class=”text_exposed_show”>
    1 Package of Frozen Spinach – Thawed
    ½ Cup of Feta Cheese Chunks
    Garlic Powder
    Salt
    Pepper</span>
    <div class=”text_exposed_show”>

Equipment:
    Large Toothpicks
    Meat Mallot or Heavy Can
    Baking Sheet Pan
    1 Gallon Plastic Bag or Zip Lock Bag
    Cooking Oil
    Knife

</div>
    Ackbar Fish Tacos

Ingredients:

Crunchy Fish Sticks (Preferably not Beer Battered)

1 bag of Cole Slaw Mix (Shredded Carrots & Cabbage)

1 bunch of Cilantro

1 Package of Flour Tortillas

Ground Cumin

Honey

4 Limes

Chili Powder (Optional for those who like spicy)

Salt

Pepper

Equipment:

Baking Sheet Pan

Knife or Kitchen Sheers

Medium Bowl

Measuring Spoon

Measuring Cup

Whisk

Obi Wan Cannoli

Ingredients:

8 oz. of Cream Cheese

16 oz. Container of Ricotta Cheese

1 lb. Bag of Powdered Sugar

Premade Cannoli Shells

Bag of Mini Chocolate Chips

Equipment:

Large Bowl

Rubber Spatula

Measuring Cup

1 Gallon Zip Lock Bag

Tall Glass

Small Bowl

Plate or Platter to put the finished product on

Jax
    Keymaster

Note, there is a scheduling change for Sunday. Alethea will be teaching a Compass 101 session on Sunday.

Also, here’s the link to the discord. Join in! https://discord.gg/Bu42JT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here