• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Tai-Da
    Participant

I have been doing a little bit of study on the 2012 prophecy and I was wondering what everone else thinks about it. I am quite interested in this prophecy and in some way wonder if this could be something that may acually happen.

What do you all think?

Student Tai

Kol Drake

heh… WHICH prophecies?

In the last decade more and more folks seem to be scrambling to make December 21, 2012 ‘the date’ for one thing or another.

Which one (or ones) are you referring to?

Aslyn
    Participant

I think Tai is referring to the Mayan Prophecy which supposedly indicates the end-of-the-world in 2012. But, as with most such prophecies, people forget that the ‘end of the world’ doesn’t necessarily indicate the destruction of it – merely a change in the nature of the way that we live. Armageddon, Judgement Day, Ragnarok, even the Krazilec of Frank Herbert’s Dune indicates that the whole idea of the end-times is to herald in a new era, one in which the world that existed before is fundamentally changed to become the one that exists after.

In truth, barring some natural disaster or act of sheer stupidity on the part of the Human race, we can be fairly confident that we’ll all be alive and kicking four years from now.

Tai-Da
    Participant

Aslyn you are correct, The Mayan prophecy is the one I am referring to.

inari
    Participant

I essentially agree with Aslyn as to the outcome of the 2012 Mayan prophecies. 99% of people will continue with their daily lives in their accustomed fashion. 0.3% will panic and head for the mountains with a stack of tinned goods, guns and ammo. Another 0.5% will celebrate the new age in what they perceive as the appropriate spiritual fashion, and then go about their daily lives. 0.2% might actually understand what is is all about and/or take it as an incentive to make real change in their lives.

Of course I pulled those numbers from thin air, don’t take the numbers seriously.

Kol Drake

lol… I could say that December 21, 2012 will be a VERY interesting day since it will be my daughter’s third wedding anniversary!

Other then that ‘natural disaster’ (kidding), it appears open to interpretation as to whether December 2012 will bring a transformation of our world or ‘total destruction’ or anything else.  So, below are prophecies (not necessarily Mayan) for 2012:

1. There have been three or four previous races and ages of humanity (depending upon the source you read).  All of these have been destroyed in major cataclysms.  December 21, 2012 marks the end of this age and it will end in major catastrophes such as Earthquakes.

2. For half of the katun (20 year Mayan cycle) there will be food, for half some misfortunes. This katun brings the end of the “word of God.” It is a time of uniting for a cause.

3. As we pass through transition there is a colossal, global convergence of environmental destruction, social chaos, war and ongoing Earth changes.

4.  The Earth will undergo a magnetic field shift, reversing the polarity of the planet. (Please note, this normally happens cyclically on the Earth and it does NOT cause all things to go down the toilet… nor earthquakes nor tidal waves nor….   it will skrew up the standard compass but not affect the way electricity works or electronics, etc. )

5.  An asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.

I am sure one could find more but those are pretty much the major ones at a glance.

Re: Prophecy #1.  
    (the biggie for most folks)
    Some people contend that this prophecy is erroneous as the last Mayan cycle of 5,125 years did not bring about world-wide destruction. Humans existed in 3,000 BC and previous to that.  However, the 5,125 year cycle is part of a greater cycle consisting of approximately 26,000 years.  This longer cycle ends on December 21, 2012.  Another possibility is that each cycle marks an era of great change or human innovation, not destruction.  Kind of like the ‘Death’ card in the Tarot — it’s not really death but ‘death of an established way of life/living… ie. CHANGE.

OR, one could simply look to the prophecies of Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce.
    Both had visions of ‘things to come’ which went into the mid 21st century and even one or two in the years 3000+
    So, unless some knucklehead decides to start World War III because he had a double screening of the movie 2012 and Al Gore’s  ‘made up stuff to look impressive’, An Inconvenient Truth, — December 21, 2012 will pass by as quietly as the ‘end of the world’ days of December 31, 99 and 999 and 1999.

Anonymous

As for me, I plan on going about doing what I would have done on that day. If the earth is going to end, what can I do to stop that? If there is going to be mass killing and deaths, oh well. I will just flow with it and go on as usually. My daughter, though, is taking that whole week off and hiding out in a cabin in the middle of who knows where. Whatever rocks her boat.

Andy
    Participant

I think things will end in 2012.  But we do not have to worry about our physical well being. 

I was speaking with Angelus this evening and we were discussing that things are no longer being given to us, that we have to struggle for them.  As a people, things are getting more and more difficult for us.  I feel this is the trend that will continue.

Children are given things.  Adults have to earn them.  In the past, enlightenment was bestowed.  Given to a few special children. I feel that we are maturing spiritually from childhood to adulthood.  2012 marks when we turn the corner from spiritual childhood and must take on more responsibilities.  Something is ending, but when one thing ends, another begins.  Even on a wheel.

Beral Khan
    Participant

I have scheduled a party for my family on that day. :)

As to earned vs given enlightenment, I have this thought:

People in today’s world have more free time than any of those in the past.  In the past, enlightenment used to generally come to those who had time to find it – spiritually speaking.  For me, I believe that this is still the case, but there are more of the people with more time to consider such things.  In the past, due to class structures and political structures there were those who simply knew it wasn’t ‘proper’ for them to seek such things.  They felt unworthy as it were.  Today, a sense of entitlement to do anything and get anything comes with being born in most western culture countries.  In eastern cultures, the past is a bit different but, in my opinion, not by much (see above: class structures).

I realize I am probably not explaining this very well as I am merely typing from the top of my head these thoughts that are appearing as I type – and also not on topic as it were – so I apologize for the bit of thought spewing. :)

Memnoich
    Participant

ahh, but there is more then just the Mayans pointing to that date, the I-ching, and the Sumerians, also point to that date as being significant.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here