Hey there *wave*,
You asked about my path, so I am sitting here (at my pc, about 1 o’clock in the middle of the night, ’cause I’m not sleepy yet) and write about my path, so far.
* Sometime in my early teens, my father moved out and I started to read more and more, first only fantasy. Everything changed in that time (I’m not trying to get sympathies here, just trying to tell how broken that time was). My mother was (25 years older than me) always crying and I (maybe 12/13/14 of age) was comforting her, being a friend to her, for all a teenager wants to be is herself = not close and understanding/sympathizing to the mother.
* I found a book than (or It found me, for I don’T believe in coincidence) “The secret knowledge of the Witches – 13 moons to mastery of natural magic”, at least thats what the title said in german. The book was originaly titled as “A Witch Alone”, nothing more.
The book pulled at me, I read the back of the cover, it pulled more at me (Today I would say ‘It created resonnace in me’. I bought it, I don’t remeber if I bought it on the spot or later but it all started with that book. ‘It’ being my way into being spiritual interested.
* I read it once, whole, without doing any of the exercises given, there are lot’s of other books for each chapter/moon/month listed as ‘homework to find more infos’. That’s the reason I started a frenzyful hunt for more to read on wicca and related stuff. Starhawk, Schiran, Green … I read a lot! In school I had already been one of the girls that have a book in front of their face nearly ALL the time (exapt class!) waiting for class, going from A to B, Breaks, always.
* So I put my new book (13 moons…) In newspaper-sight-cover and had this in front of my face, nearly no one noticed.
* Lot’s of reading followed. Than some breathing and visualisation exercises. Than one ( or more, drawing-a-circle-thingies. I did not DO a lot back than, but I learned a lot anyway, reading reading reading…
* Years later, I believe it was 2001, my bestfriend, tells me about core-shamanism. I listen, I absorb, I get a basic ‘How to do a journey to find the instinctiv/animal part (How do you call ‘Krafttier’ in english??? power animal??? *hmpf*) in the world below (Underworld for simplicity’s sake).
I do it once, twice, thrice without success. But something makes me keep going. After a while i can go down, but there is no one, NO ONE! :'(
So I go exploring, for a time that is enough…
After being diagnosed with a ‘missed abortion’ I am in hospital to be operated, and go down and, do not find an animal companion but stabilation and hope.
* I do a workshop a bit later, with above mentiond friend, about basic journey technics, I learned SO much in those 3 days, meet animal, go exploring in the middle world in the ‘In-between’ (I went between flame and candle wick, between leave and water (on which the leave floated)…..)
* After that I started partitiapating in a drum circle, that formed out of the workshop paricipants. And I still am going there, nice little group.
* Sometime inbetween starting drum circle and now I (I can’t quite remeber how it came that way *strange*) went and got my first Reiki Initiation (how do you call that?). I worked a while (shorted than I would like) with that, after a year (nearly exactly *coincidence, yeah sure!*) in february I got my second Reiki Initiation .
* That was now one and a half years ago (although it seems longer, maybe it was *hmm*) and now (early in Juli) I find myself here, where the above mentioned friend asked me to take a look into. And I find myself why “coincidense” has brought me here, where there are Jedi meeting in dreames, with wolves, like my ‘Krafttier’ is a wolf and “coincidense” is laughing to fall of a tree about how unconvetionally It got me here….
* Oh I nearly forgot: the books ‘Conversation with God I’, ‘Friendship with God’ and ‘Home in God’ did inpire me to think about what I call my truth and made me reedit mentioned truth for the ‘better’ (read: truer), I think.
Oh, when the hour is late my texts are long, huh?
Anyway, that was only the spiritual part of my way, so: fit in a (not so) ordinary everyday life and you get my past path…
Thanks for reading (and bear) my late-hour-writing-frenzy …. *g*
Katrin, who walks with a wolf in her heart…
(It is now nearly 2 A.M.! *argh*)
PS Um… I think our ‘things’ we mean with our wolvesare different, but I think the whole coincidence thing got across…