Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Jax's Fitness Journal - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Jax's Fitness Journal

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1909

Jax created the topic: Jax's Fitness Journal

I'm recommitting to a bit more movement. I'll do my best to remember this exists. :-)

Monday: Day 1 couch to 5k.
1.83 miles 30 minutes (5 minutes warmup, 20 minutes run 1 min walk 1.5 min, 5 minutes cooldown)
I'm not choosing a 5k to run yet. I need to see how I progress first. Plus, the 5k isn't the important part for me, but being able to run on trails with ease. :-)
Today should be my day 2, but I'm skipping so I can be on my preferred tuesday/thursday schedule during the week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Jax's Fitness Journal

My phone crashed during my cool down, so I'll be doing day 2 twice, once my phone is replaced. But, here's my best estimates.
Thursday: Day 2 couch 2 5k
1.8 miles 30 minutes (5 minutes warmup, 20 minutes run 1 min walk 1.5 min, 5 minutes cooldown)
Definitely challenging at times, and still working out a nicer route with less uphill parts to deal with, but not all that bad.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re:Jax's Fitness Journal

Today was a hike instead of couch 2 5k. I started the tracker late but I estimate the distance as 2.1 miles in 1 hour 15 minutes. We stopped often for pictures and rest when it was too challenging. I used the hiking backpack for the first time and hiking poles which were crucial. So I did this with over 30 pounds on my back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

David has a cameo in that panorama

The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1956

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:Jax's Fitness Journal

Good to see 'The Peanut' working out in the great outdoors.

Now, with just a touch of green face powder.... :yoda

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

We'll save that for when her Marine Godmother is around as well. ;-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Fitting movement into daily life...
Today at the zoo we did approximately 20 minutes to and from the zoo from the parking spot, plus all the walking in the zoo. aka, a lot! And then I did some garden prep with the garden weasel which worked my upper body.
Yesterday I bought a lot of heavy stuff. 8 bags of soil, not too heavy though, 3 bags of heavy mulch (30-40 pounds), 3 40 pound bags of salt which I also had to take downstairs and pour into the softener, and then 3 50 pound bags of sand. Basically, a lot of careful lifting.
This week there's more gardening stuff to do, and hopefully can return to couch 2 5k.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Going to do my best to work on this again. Starting very simple. Last night I did 3 or 4 exercises for my shoulder using the stretchy bands. I'm still rehabbing my shoulder and finally bought a set Sunday.

Today I did a 20 minute yoga routine for the core. It actually went really fast so that is encouraging. It helps that I did a 6 week personal training program from April to May which increased my base strength all around.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds