Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - The Mandalorian Episodes - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

The Mandalorian Episodes

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1956

Kol Drake created the topic: The Mandalorian Episodes

So far, I have heard nothing but good things about this series.

And then, someone sent me this...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30

Sinistra replied the topic: The Mandalorian Episodes

It is absolutely brilliant. I've always been a fan of fictional Mandalorian lore and history so announcing this series made me very glad.

They totally nailed the vibe of the underworld and I especially like that chronologically this takes place years after the fall of the Empire. Maybe we get some joining point later with the Sequel Trilogy. Our protagonist is a real warrior but he has a big heart and I love it very much.

SPOILER

He kinda became a father figure to the mini Yoda. It's said that the mystery about his race will be revealed finally, and I can't wait for it!

SPOILER END
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1956

Kol Drake replied the topic: The Mandalorian Episodes

As soon as I saw 'Baby Yoda' floating next to the Mandalorian going off into the sunset, it reminded me of an indie comic book series from the early 1970s -- Lone Wolf and Cub. It was a manga created by writer Kazuo Koike and artist Goseki Kojima. It was so popular, it became a series of movies and more.

So far, I am impressed with how well this new show has done.
Perhaps we should get Jon Favreau to work on all my life long favorite books, comics, heroes? :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick

• Nick
  • Falling is part of the journey
  • Thank you received: 184

Nick replied the topic: The Mandalorian Episodes

I love the show. The Western-Kung Fu vibe is perfect. I hope that continues for a long time.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Thank you received: 1909

Jax replied the topic: The Mandalorian Episodes

I've only had time to watch 3 episodes, but I only started watching because of Baby Yoda. It's such a different type of show, I'm definitely a fan. My slowness is due to my time constraints, not the show. I find the pace of the show utterly fascinating!

• Thank you received: 1508

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: The Mandalorian Episodes

Me too I do like the new show. For me it is much more in line with and does have the feeling or causes the feeling of Star Wars on my side than the new movies did (I just have seen the latest one “Rise of Skywalker”).
As it had been said, me too, I hope they keep up the good work they are doing with this one!

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 28

Taryn G'urnt'a replied the topic: The Mandalorian Episodes

My nesting partner and I binge-watched the series right at the beginning of the year. I totally agree about having a few more episodes focusing on Mando before introducing the cuteness. It really would have given the whole thing a better foundation.
What gets me is the level of acting required to so clearly portray a character while always wearing a mask. He doesn't have the big bad force-wielding villain help that Vader does to create the character, and he's not a mostly-side character like the other Mandalorians through the films have been, yet his personality is so well-developed.
I'm definitely looking forward to season 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio), Nick

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds