Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Looking for website help - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Looking for website help

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1916

Jax created the topic: Looking for website help

Hello everyone,

I'm in over my head with everything in my life, so this website has been limping along. But it's becoming increasingly clear that we need to do something soon as things aren't working properly on the back end now.

I suspect our best bet is to go away from this platform (Joomla for the site, Kunena for the forum) all together and go to Wordpress. and a different forum integration. But this research is beyond what I have time for. I'm hoping someone with experience in this type of thing has time to do the research and test this process to see how well it would work. Or to make a copy of the site and test upgrade strategies to get it stable again.

The last thing I want is to lose any work in the forum, so that's the priority when it comes to making a decision going forward.

I'm open to creating a team for this as well. Volunteers, please email me at jax @ instituteforjedirealiststudies.org and we can chat about options.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Looking for website help

A quick update. We are exploring ways to fix the site. It's a work in progress, but hopefully we'll have the upgrades tested soon. After that we'll be working on moving to a new platform that will be more stable in the long run.

Thank you for your patience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Marta Lina Thomassen, Taryn G'urnt'a

• Marta Lina Thomassen
  • Thank you received: 0

Marta Lina Thomassen replied the topic: Looking for website help

Hi Jax , i hope it all turns out well for you and the website , moving to WP is indeed a good option :)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Thank you Marta. Especially for connecting me to your friend. :-)

• Marta Lina Thomassen

As i understood from him its a very complicated problem , i really hope a solution is near :)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1957

Kol Drake replied the topic: Looking for website help

I have read of some moving from wordpress due to 'issues' in useability.
Also read those in Joomba who threw up their hands and went to wordpress...
So, it is a crap shoot either way.

• Marta Lina Thomassen

I have heard good things about Wix but you still need another option for the forums as far as i can see

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Wix is not a good option all around. And it's really not nearly as good as building a wordpress site. I just moved my solar and writing sites off of wix and into Wordpress. While there's a learning curve, I'm much happier now.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds