Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Collecting Trophies - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Collecting Trophies

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1956

Kol Drake created the topic: Collecting Trophies

Let's face it, it is hard to stay motivated to get and stay fit. "Hey, let's go out and grab a brew and some pizza" will always beat out "Hey, let's go to the gym and exercise until we feel like s**t."

There is some small light at the end of such a tunnel though. I just came back from a visit with my daughter who is sporting a fitbit wristband. It monitors how many steps a day, how many stairs a day, etc. the wearer does. To make it a bit more 'fun' for her, she found a cool website which uses your fitbit results to attain 'goals' which means you get special award medals. So... walk 30 miles and you get a commemorative medal for it. Bragging rights!!!

My daughter showed me the first one she got for completing "The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood Virtual Race". 81.3 miles !!!

It struck me as being 'like' the zombie races but you are 'tracked' along actual courses/landscapes AND get a neat medal for it. Goofy fun I suppose but it's also a goofy fun medal you get to flash about. And 81 miles is nothing to sneeze at.

So... maybe you want to check it out.

>> Yes.Fit Virtual Races <<

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1909

Jax replied the topic: Collecting Trophies

Cute!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds