Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - A comparison of diets - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

A comparison of diets

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1916

Jax created the topic: A comparison of diets

This is the story of how we used the Coach.me app to build an ongoing 15,000+ person experiment to compare popular diets. The good news is that dieting works, especially if it means giving up sugar and fast food. See our charts below or take our weight loss calculator. Or better, join one of our diets and contribute to science.
About a year ago, we ran a one-off research project into Tim Ferriss’ Slow-Carb Diet™ that turned up surprisingly strong results. Over a four week period, people who stuck to the diet showed an 84% success rate and an average weight loss 0f 8.6lbs.
But are those results legit? If I picked a person at random out of a crowd, could they expect to see the same results? Almost immediately after publishing the results we started getting feedback about experimental bias.
This first study was biased in hard-to-know ways by the demographics of Tim’s audience (maybe they’re all really heavy). That’s a fixable problem, so we set off to redo the study in a bigger and more rigorous way.
That led to the Quantified Diet, our quest to verify and compare every popular diet. We now have initial results for ten diets. This is the story of our experiment and how we’re interpreting the diet data we’ve collected.

I found this very interesting and beneficial. I recently read 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss, which includes the slow carb diet information. This is what I'm working on now, the transition to all SCD instead of just partial. This study shows that many diets works well, if you follow them. It also shows that simply being aware of eating results in small weight loss as well.

Are you currently following a diet/eating plan, at least partially? If so, what? Have you had success with feeling better?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: A comparison of diets

Sorry it didn't let me include the link originally

• Thank you received: 1509

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: A comparison of diets

Right before my Sabbatical Year and especially before I got married I worked hard on the topic of weight loss and in parallel of how to change my way of eating.

One thing this did for me and that already is by itself not the worst thing which could happen to one is, that I'm now more aware of what I eat, why I do eat it and if it actually does me any good or not. This doesn't mean that I'm doing perfect, far from that, but it does mean that I'm now more aware and conscious about my eating.

The things I gave a try and to which I still stick at least in parts are the intermediate dieting which asks for not eating something for 12 hours. For me this resulted in that I do skip breakfast and do not start to eat something before 1000 o'clock which is actually the time when I will start to feel hungry.
In addition to that I do my best to eat more constantly so to be able to avoid to eat big meals which, I found, easily result in overeating.
Additionally to that I did track the things I ate and drunk to see how the amounts do compare with what I actually should have eaten. This also helped me to be more aware of how much I actually can and should eat and in which areas I'm lacking off intake and in which I do actually eat or drink too much.

This all I did in combination to cut back my intake of crab and although I'm far from a primal lifestyle or even a Paelo Diet, I had been able to reduce the amount of crab quite a bit.

Over all this had lead to that I do feel now much better and in ways healthier than I did in the past. Still I'm not doing perfect but I keep improving and with every day I'm doing better and better and if on one day my body or might it even been just me ask for something seemingly unhealthy, I don't blame myself for giving in as I do feel that, as long as I'm aware of and not doing it all the time and unaware, it is all okay.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: A comparison of diets

I don't know if I'm losing weight, but I have noticed I eat better after just a week of half ass following slow carb. I look forward to more improvements in this area so I can eat more consciously overall.

• Thank you received: 1509

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: A comparison of diets

Another thing which had been of great benefit for me had been my Sabbatical Year and the "exposure" to Japanese kitchen. It is sooo much different from what I'm used to and in general also, I feel, healthier than Austrian or German kitchen without being more difficulty to cook. In general the Japanese kitchen relays more on vegetable and, obviously, fish than the German kitchen which puts a focus on meat and carb.
So, besides other things, this is something I will take with me back to Germany.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re:A comparison of diets

That makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds