Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Jedi Weight Loss and Lifestyle Support Group - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Jedi Weight Loss and Lifestyle Support Group

• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor created the topic: Jedi Weight Loss and Lifestyle Support Group

Hello,

I didn't know if there is any audience for this here, but I thought I might reach out anyway.

I have started a Jedi support and accountability group for weight loss and lifestyle. It's a problem in this community, and in the larger society. We have a myfitnesspal group and a Skype room.

If you are interested in learning more or want to join, please message me.

We are accepting NON-Jedi as well. But, all members WILL be pre-screened and briefed on behavior choices. AND, we are welcoming of people who have already lost weight who want to give back by being sponsors or just giving advice to those on the path.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1509

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Jedi Weight Loss and Lifestyle Support Group

Hey Connor, if I may ask You, could You give us a bit more details about what this is about and what you are targeting for besides the obvious of weight loss? I have to admit that I have only a very basic understanding of accountability groups and therefore would like to hear more of what the idea is behind that?

As for myself, I would be interested in it as I feel like I gained some weight again during my time here in Japan of which I would like, obviously, to get rid off again. In addition I'm also still working on some other points like regular exercising and nutrition which I do feel could be something beneficial for not only me.
So far I had been somewhat successful in the past with monitoring my weight and decreasing it but it keeps to be a constant battle. In this way I would be happy to share my own experiences and would be happy to read about those of others.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor replied the topic: Jedi Weight Loss and Lifestyle Support Group

So, here's the idea:
A. People join for one of two reasons: they want help with their fitness or weight loss. OR, they want to help others do the same. (or both)
B. When you join with MyFitnessPal, you will do a food log everyday that we can all see. It takes some getting used to, but it becomes easy and automatic after a few weeks.
C. We will hold each other accountable and talk about what's troubling us. So, if you are wanting to eat a lot of food, we can talk about it... Sometimes that helps.
D. We are going to develop a mindfulness based approach to stopping addictive eating.

So, while the group is geared mostly to those who are addicted to food (in the same way one might be addicted to heroin), there is room for all levels of fitness goals.

This group will be most useful for people who feel they have PROBLEMS with self-discipline in terms of nutrition and exercise. We will be using mindfulness and awareness to help people grow in this group. It's also confidential.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

• Thank you received: 1509

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Jedi Weight Loss and Lifestyle Support Group

Many thanks Connor for explaining it to me and expanding on the original thought. I feel I do understand the idea now but, although, obviously, I would be happy to help and share my experiences with everyone, I don't feel like I'm the "right" one for your idea as I don't feel like lacking of the discipline but am more interested in how I can improve even more in what I do.

I already used a similar app to MyFitnessPal in the past with some success and when back in Germany I'm looking forward to make use of it or a new one again. The problem I had in using it in Japan and what finally lead me to take a break from it somewhat had been that is a app with a database for the German market or at least German speaking market.
Because of this experience, I'm not all too sure if MyFitnessPal would work for me as I know, based on my experiences with FDDB (FoodDataBase), that I'm lacking of the patience and interest to somewhat create my own food database as it is very likely that many things I'm eating and drinking are not in the database.

So, sorry for that but I dearly wish You and everyone who will join You the best on this project and hope that you all will succeed in monitoring and loosing weight.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds