Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Free online CPR/First Aid class - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Free online CPR/First Aid class

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1916

Jax created the topic: Free online CPR/First Aid class

CPR really requires hands on practice, but for those without access to an offline course, this is a substitute until you are able to take a class offline.

www.cprandfirstaid.net/?p=pages&id=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katie (StormyKat)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Free online CPR/First Aid class

Thanks! I have been looking to take a CPR class. There are plenty in my area, whoever runs the classes never seems to get back to my inquires though. Or if they do I can't afford it at the time. This will be a great place to start until I can get a hands on class.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor replied the topic: Free online CPR/First Aid class

Also, this would be good for people who just want a brush up (if they've already taken a course), and want reminders.

Though, it's never a substitute for hands on experience.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

• Thank you received: 9

Naithan Deyarmin replied the topic: Free online CPR/First Aid class

I know I am brand new here, but as an Emergency Medical Provider and a Firefighter I feel it kind of appropriate to comment here. If you are untrained and experience yourself heading up an emergency with someone in arrest the best thing (besides calling 911) is to immediately administer chest compressions at 1/3 the depth of the persons chest thickness. No breaths, just compressions. If there is an AED available use it. Most AED's now when you open them they will tell you audibly exactly what to do. In a direct reply to StormyKat if you are in the United States the AHA (American Heart Assosciation) offers training. The AHA instructors (Normally found at a local EMS station) tend to have much cheaper classes. I know I would assist a medic I worked with and we gave public classes to those who requested them for the cost of their CPR card, 2 dollars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio), Jax, Katie (StormyKat), Dogan Nar II

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds