Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Some Energetic Healing References - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Some Energetic Healing References

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1956

Kol Drake created the topic: Some Energetic Healing References

Becker, R. O., & Selden, G. (1985). The body electric New York: Quill.

Benor, D. J. (2004). Consciousness, bioenergy, and healing. Medford, NJ: Wholistic Healing.

Brennan, B. A. (1988). Hands of light: A guide to healing through the human energy field New York: Bantam.

Brennan, B. A. (1993). Light emerging: The journey of personal healing New York: Bantam.

Conner, M., & Koithan, M. (2006). The emerging science of energy healing. AHNA Beginnings, 26 (1), 1, 26–27.

Dossey, B. M., Keegan, L., & Guzzetta, C. E. (2005). Holistic nursing: A handbook for practice (4th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.

Dossey, L. (2002a). But is it energy: Reflections on consciousness, healing, and the new paradigm. Subtle Energies, 3 (3), 69–82.

Dossey, L. (2002b). How healing happens: Exploring the nonlocal gap. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 8 (2), 12–16, 103–110.

Eden, D. (1998). Energy medicine New York: Penguin Putnam.

Eliopoulos, C. (2004). Invitation to holistic health: A guide to living a balanced life. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.

Freeman, L. (2004). Mosby’s complementary and alternative medicine: A research-based approach (2nd ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.

Gerber, R. (2000). A practical guide to vibrational medicine. New York: Quill.

Govinda, K. (2002). A handbook of chakra healing: Spiritual practice for health, harmony, and inner peace. Old Saybrook, CT: Konecky and Konecky

Guiley, R. (1991). Harper’s encyclopedia of mystical and paranormal experience. New York: HarperCollins.

Hintz, K. J., Yount, G. L., Kadar, I., Schwartz, G., Hammerschlag, R., & Lin, S. (2003). Bioenergy definitions and research guidelines. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 9, 13–30.

Krieger, D. (1993). Accepting your power to heal: The personal practice of Therapeutic Touch. Santa Fe: Bear

Leadbeater, C. W. (2001). The chakras Wheaton, IL: Quest Books.

McTaggart, L. (2002). The field: The quest for the secret force of the universe. New York: HarperCollins.

Oschman, J. L. (2000). Energy medicine: The scientific basis New York: Churchill Livingstone.

Redmond, L. (2004). Chakra meditation: Transformation through the seven energy centers of the body. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.

Rossman, Martin L., M.D. (2000) Guided Imagery for Self-Healing. (2nd ed.) HJ Kramer Inc: California.

Schlitz, M., & Amorok, R. (2005). Consciousness and healing: Integral approaches to mind-body medicine. St. Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier.

Schwartz, G. E. (2007). The energy healing experiments: Science reveals our natural power to heal. New York: Atria Books.

Seaward, B. L. (2006). Managing stress: Principles and strategies for health and well-being (5th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.

Smith, K. (2006, March–May). Bioenergetics: A new science of healing. Shift: At the Frontiers of Consciousness, 10, 11–13, 34

Tiller, W. A. (1999, May–June). Subtle energies. Science and Medicine, 6 (3), 28.

Tiller, W. A. (2002). The real world of modern science, medicine, and Qi Gong. Bulletin of Science, Technology, and Society, 22 (5), 352.

Trivieri, L., Jr., & Anderson, J. W. (Eds.). (2002). Alternative medicine: The definitive guide (2nd ed.). Berkeley, CA: Celestial Arts.

White, R. (2004). Using your chakras: A new approach to healing your life. New York: Barnes and Noble Books.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Some Energetic Healing References

Thanks for the list Kol....any recommendations on at least a couple of them? Maybe one or two to start with? :)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Kol Drake replied the topic: Some Energetic Healing References

Well, for a general overview of how we got where we are in reference to parapsychology, energy healing, etc. there is always --

McTaggart, Lynn. (2002). The Field: The quest for the secret force of the universe. New York: HarperCollins.

And, while some of his books are not specifically on energy healing, those by Larry Dossey are not bad. I read his "Be Careful What You Pray For" -- since it showed how a well intentioned prayer can bollox someone else's plans and that one should be a bit more precise in HOW you construct intent -- be it in prayer or healing, etc. Or his "Healing Words" or "The Extraordinary Healing Power of Ordinary Things" (2006). Dossey is very holistic in his approach. I always find some nugget to take away from his writings.

Barbara Brennan's Hands of Light is all about using energy sensing and touch for healing.

Donna Eden pretty much got her start from learning BB's methodology and techniques from Therapeutic Touch... and her Energy Medicine book. (I picked up a newer edition to look over today from the local library... just to see how it's changed since I bought *my* copy years ago...)

Anyway, Energy Medicine has 'the path Donna Eden took to get where she is today' as well as tons of techniques to try; from critical point 'thumping' to energy meridians to Chinese elemental stuff to auras and more. Sometimes it's not in 'step one, then step two, etc' but she packed lots all over the place... some note taking and page jumping is involved.

Another one i picked up again today which I need to add to my list (though it's not specifically about energy healing) is Martin L. Rossman, M.D. 's "Guided Imagery for Self-Healing" (2000). While addressing it from medical medicine side of things, Dr. Rossman has decades of successes using the mind to heal the body using meditation and imagery. Some very good 'inductions' to reference as well as ones to meet your Inner Advisor, "listening" to your symptoms and turning those insights into action -- ie. getting your body and mind to heal itself.

If I could only choose 3 -- The Field for it's historic view on all things odd; Eden's Energy Medicine for it's wealth of "a little bit of everything"; and Rossman's Guided Imagery since he has decades of documented medical successes using his methods.

Tons more 'out there' in literary land though.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor replied the topic: Some Energetic Healing References

Noooooo... The Field is a HORRIBLE book!

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Really?

I admit she does a gloss over of the 'hard science' but, for someone who might know zippo about the studies done in the 60s-90s... it's not bad. If nothing else, there are plenty of names and research areas one can use as 'jump off points' to do their own Internet / book studies.

Not saying I agree 100% with some of her 'leaps of logic' connections but, it's a lot better then some of the 'fluffy bunny' books on the shelves I've read in the last couple of decades of 'fluffiness'.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor replied the topic: Some Energetic Healing References

Oh, no I think the content is just fine. I mean her WRITING is horrible.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

heh... yep, I'll have to give you that. And, she tries overly hard to shoehorn EVERYTHING into the 'quantum level/zero point energy' rubric. Ignore all that and go with the historical aspects and the topics covered and it's not a bad primer.

As a counterpoint, I suppose I could recommend one I'm reading now by1 Brain Clegg, "Extra Sensory: The Science and Pseudoscience of Telepathy and Other Powers of the Mind" (2013). Then again, being a physic major, he takes eight pages to 'explain' quantum theory and quantum entanglement so he can have a basis for talking about telepathy as *potentially* being linked with quantum entanglement per the conjecture of a Nobel Prize winning physicist, Brain Josephson.

Now, if anyone can point to a better book or books which can help a beginner 'see' the history of all things meta woo woo, please chime in.

1 I should know better then recommend a book after barely finishing two chapters. Mr. Clegg spent 5 pages writing about a stage performer who 'probably' faked a remote viewing session and then 17 pages on how photons 'work' for seeing and never once really touched on the concepts concerning remote viewing, how it 'may' work or ... anything of note. Very disappointed in this book after a full reading.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds